Replacing A4 B8.5 LED fog+reverse lights

KudoWarrior

Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone know if I want to get LED fog (front and rear) and Reverse lights if the error codes are able to be coded out and if so where I can find the coding for it?

I know I can just get the ice white H8 bulbs but I'm OCD like that and want to keep everything Xenon or LED.

Cheers!

I know you have a B8.5 so this might not be of use to you mate.

But I have completed the LED reverse bulb upgrade and I coded the error using the following method:

1.Module 46 Central Convenience > Security Access 16 > 16017 (use this access code, not the one the ross-tech suggests)

2. Adaption 10 > Channel 181 >Read The value you get is 65535 (at least that was mine). When you convert that to decimal it comes out to 1111111111111111. Bits 8,9,10,11 code for the reverse lights (1111RLRL11111111) so when you convert them it becomes 1111000011111111. Convert that back to binary and it becomes 61695

3. Enter 61695, hit test then save. Done.

The LED reverse bulb change seems to be getting very popular lately! :)

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/led-reversing-bulbs-done.233817/

Reactions: Gaz170
I installed @t8ups reverse LED lights yesterday and didn't have to code them out in my 2015 a4. Both very simple to install.

Front fogs are two screws in wheel arch and pull back trim accessing fogs.

Rear has a metal tool in boot where spare wheel is.
Use that and 10mm socket and lights pops out. The panel behind light pops out...

Reactions: t8ups, Gaz170 and Point_Audi

But I have completed the LED reverse bulb upgrade and I coded the error using the following method

No worries mate. Will keep it in mind and try if I get the LED's

I installed @t8ups reverse LED lights yesterday and didn't have to code them out in my 2015 a4. Both very simple to install.

Front fogs are two screws in wheel arch and pull back trim accessing fogs.

Use that and 10mm socket and lights pops out. The panel behind light pops out...

Interesting, so not only could it not give me errors (potentially) but it can also be coded out if it does?

I changed my rear reverse bulbs for led. This is it.

Uploadfromtaptalk1436916964155

I'm being a bit thick here, but does the square plastic stud unscrew or pull out to release the light housing? I found the super bright sidelights I had in my B7 at the weekend and thought I might as well use them as reversing bulbs if they fit.

I'm being a bit thick here, but does the square plastic stud unscrew or pull out to release the light housing? I found the super bright sidelights I had in my B7 at the weekend and thought I might as well use them as reversing bulbs if they fit.
There is a wee metal took in boot that slips in to plastic plug to help unscrew to remove.

Here is tool

Reactions: alpesh26
let me know where you got yours they look bright and nice good Job!!
HorizonLEDs.co.uk. They aren't cheap but they have good quality CREE bulbs. The guy to ask for is Zain and tell him you were referred to him by Faisal. I have ordered some led angel eye bulbs for bmw e90 and fog leds. Just waiting for delivery.

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Job done! They look miles better than the horrible yellow ones that were in there
Image Image
If it helps anyone, the coding PointAudi mentioned above does work on a B8.5. I got an error when I swapped the bulbs over, did the coding suggested above and the error went away.

They do look miles better. Really surprised audi don't make these led as standard as all other lights in the b8.5 cluster are leds. The ones i bought are can bus free but once a month they throw an error which disappears when i restart the engine. I was hoping to get the coding done but don't know anyone in brum with a vcds. Lol.

They do look miles better. Really surprised audi don't make these led as standard as all other lights in the b8.5 cluster are leds. The ones i bought are can bus free but once a month they throw an error which disappears when i restart the engine. I was hoping to get the coding done but don't know anyone in brum with a vcds. Lol.

Totally agree, they should have put a strip of white LEDS for the reverse like the indicator and brake lights

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Changed reverse lights to LED today but was surprised to see the small bit on the boot didn't get lit up (doubt it was before either), what's the point of it being there if it doesn't get lit!?

But I have completed the LED reverse bulb upgrade and I coded the error using the following method:

1.Module 46 Central Convenience > Security Access 16 > 16017 (use this access code, not the one the ross-tech suggests)

2. Adaption 10 > Channel 181 >Read The value you get is 65535 (at least that was mine). When you convert that to decimal it comes out to 1111111111111111. Bits 8,9,10,11 code for the reverse lights (1111RLRL11111111) so when you convert them it becomes 1111000011111111. Convert that back to binary and it becomes 61695

3. Enter 61695, hit test then save. Done.

The LED reverse bulb change seems to be getting very popular lately! :)

Spotted this on Audizine for the facelift having only the two lamps.

"Facelift only has 2 reverse lights instead of 4, so you only need to flip bits 8 and 9.
Set it to decimal 62463. (Binary 1111001111111111)"
Thanks to zine member Jeff.V.
Worked on mine.