Replacement wiring loom for early AGU powered A3

FlyingScozzies

Reaction score
My A3 caught fire while driving around the track last weekend, so I'm looking for a wiring loom to replace the damaged one.
 DSC1026 2

Obviously the matching early AGU loom would be the best/easiest replacement, but what other options do I have from the VAG family?
I was thinking maybe the Mk4 Golf powered by the same AGU motor. Would this be a direct swap?
What about the similar age (1998) BAM engine?

Any helpful information will be appreciated. I want to get her back on the road ASAP.

Thanks in anticipation.

Iain

Another AGU loom is your best bet, even if form a Golf. Most other codes ran ME7/7.5 (vs ME3.8 for the AGU) which is a pretty different setup with many changes in sensors etc.

Vaguely related; Sorry to hear about the fire, but that's a pretty cool photo for the scrapbook!

Cheers Rainbird. Yes, I was lucky that a mate got the photo, otherwise I wouldn't have believed the stories that the spectators were telling!
Can you tell me if the Golf AGU loom is a straight swap? These seem to be the most commonly available.

Hello

I've got boxed for ages a complete loom A3 1998 1.8T AGU without any cut (a engine conversion never accomplished)

Complete means the whole car hehe

If you are interested let me know :)