Facelift Replacement wheel nuts

Spinstorm

Reaction score
Just had my car washed at a hand car wash and they managed to use such acidic wheel cleaner that the bolts are now white.

Where can I get 20 bolt covers to replace them with? And what part number?

For my S3 Saloon on the 19” 5-arm wing design

fdacfa728ab0b9297dd0e8cb0480d2cb.jpg

2df5b4e281b7cc122dc26cce6f6965af.jpg

Just had my car washed at a hand car wash and they managed to use such acidic wheel cleaner that the bolts are now white.

Where can I get 20 bolt covers to replace them with? And what part number?

For my S3 Saloon on the 19” 5-arm wing design

fdacfa728ab0b9297dd0e8cb0480d2cb.jpg

2df5b4e281b7cc122dc26cce6f6965af.jpg

The ones supplied with mine kept coming off, so I got my dealership to send me another set, all good now - but there are few on amazon too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw some on eBay but not sure if they are the right type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did that to the plastic wheel bolt covers? What on earth did they use? Lucky your alloys are ok.

One reason not to use and hand wash service other than doing it yourself ;)

It sucks to see your situation but there are solutions around the forum which has been suggested as above.

Looking at your photos now on a computer rather than a mobile phone, it looks like there is a residue on your bolt covers (and maybe the edge of the hubcap as well). Have you tried to wash the bolt covers to see if this residue comes off?

These hand-wash holes use the same pre wash **** on your paintwork as brickies use to clean the dried up excess cement off brickwork, it will remove all the wheel hub paint as well and any wax or paint protection you've put on the paint..... Avoid these places like the plague

Reactions: Tom.H
Looking at your photos now on a computer rather than a mobile phone, it looks like there is a residue on your bolt covers (and maybe the edge of the hubcap as well). Have you tried to wash the bolt covers to see if this residue comes off?

I thought that it looked like residue too.

Agree with jassy06 about the pre-wash which is probably patio cleaner or 'detergent' to give lots of bubbles. The other thing is the jet wash nozzle , most appear to be the standard power nozzle and not one specifically made for the car washing, put the two together and it will soon strip the paint off most plastics

Reactions: Jassyo06
I have not had any issues since I got the car and I have used a local hand wash place which is not bad at all. I admit that they are still going to cause some swirls because they aren’t being as careful as we would be washing our own cars but they have been fine.

Yesterday I tried a different place as the car was very dirty and I had some scratches on my bumper as well - fortunately the AutoGlym scratch remover sorted that out.

But as far as the wheel nut covers go it’s definitely dissolved the paint. I scratched at it when I took the cover off and it didn’t come off. I ordered those from Ebay so its easy enough to fix thankfully.

In a million years I’d never let my car anywhere near one of those hand car wash places, I’ve seen first hand how they treat the cars they clean.

The only person I allow to clean my car is me.

These hand-wash holes use the same pre wash **** on your paintwork as brickies use to clean the dried up excess cement off brickwork, it will remove all the wheel hub paint as well and any wax or paint protection you've put on the paint..... Avoid these places like the plague
This!!!!
They always walk round spraying it willy nilly all over the car to make life easier for them pls don't go back

Reactions: Jassyo06