Replacement Tarox 308mm rear discs, where from?

Ashley g

Reaction score
Evening all! Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get some replacement rear discs for My 8L S3.
I've got the Tarox 308mm 2 piece disc upgrade but the discs are looking a bit sorry for themselves!

Hoping they're not going to be Mega bucks, but they probably will be!!

Sorry to hijack but is the upgrade worth it? and where did you get them, my std discs are looking a little warn.

Well i was looking at these instead of the ecs rear upgrades but i couldnt really find anywhere that supplied them! The one place i did wanted £600 pluss notes.

IMHO bigger rears are not worth the expense... S3's are very front biased braking wise and need nothing more than std discs and pads...

I run std discs and pads on my car with no problems at all pulling nearly 1.2g (according to my Liquid gauge) under heavy braking from high speeds... a little while back Andy_101 (same setup front and rear as yours I believe) brought his S3 in and this had the same or similar conversion and the bells and discs were shot to bits... changed them over to std discs and pads removing the extension brackets so the calipers would fit back into the normal position and all good for a fraction of the price of the replacements...

There is no need other than looks to go for larger rear discs... save your money and buy std discs and pads and spend the rest on DS2500's for the fronts and Motul RBF fluid...

One thing to look out for on the fronts too is that the pads can seize in the calipers.... also found that while replacing Andy's front discs the bells were in a ***** state and needed a bit of effort cleaning them as they didn't sit on the disc square and wobbled...

<tuffty/>