Replacement Service Book - Build Sticker...

mehtaman

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a misprint in my service book, whereby the front build sheet sticker starts of with my VIN number / Car Model and then appears to have been stuck in the printer, it contiunes with the VIN/Spec of an Audi A6 instead.

Is it possible to get the sticker reprinted for the service book?

I can only find replacement service books online but these will just have a 'Duplicate' stamp where the spec should be:
http://www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk/products/Audi-Duplicate-Service-Book.html

The previous owner of my car forgot to put the service book in the glove-box so the supplying dealer sent me a duplicate. It finally turned up a few weeks later, but in the meantime my local dealer gave me a full configuration printout, which runs to 4 pages of A4 paper!

The previous owner of my car forgot to put the service book in the glove-box so the supplying dealer sent me a duplicate. It finally turned up a few weeks later, but in the meantime my local dealer gave me a full configuration printout, which runs to 4 pages of A4 paper!

That is called "Car Data" printout, just wander along to your local Audi dealer's parts department and ask for it, this printout is handy for anyone that "tampers" with their car. I always get one for my cars, though after my daughter's late 2009 Ibiza SC failed its MOT for a rear spring, I wished that I remembered to get that printout as it includes the suspension PR codes - so had to let local garage source springs and fit them. On Thursday, I wandered into my local Seat dealer's service reception and asked for a printout, they faffed about for about 10 minutes before admitting they did not know what I was asking for, and directed me to their parts department, young "switched on" guy there was also confused as he knew what I wanted, but could not find out how to send it to the printer, so ended up copy and pasting it page by page from EKTA - strange that the old "old school" guys at VW just pressed a button and shuffled off to the printer - maybe EKTA has moved on and lost some of its functions!

Hi All,

I have a misprint in my service book, whereby the front build sheet sticker starts of with my VIN number / Car Model and then appears to have been stuck in the printer, it contiunes with the VIN/Spec of an Audi A6 instead.

Is it possible to get the sticker reprinted for the service book?

I can only find replacement service books online but these will just have a 'Duplicate' stamp where the spec should be:
http://www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk/products/Audi-Duplicate-Service-Book.html

Yes, you should never be able to get hold of a replacement service book from VAG without it having "duplicate" stamped on every page - for obvious reasons! What condition is the other copy of that information in, it should be in the spare wheel well I'd expect, maybe make your own form up from that, to summarise what you get if you ask for "Car Data" printout.

Thanks for the replies and information, I'll see if my local Audi dealership can get a Car Data print out for me.
The wheel well sticker is fine, I ran that through the online decoder and got a nice long page of information, it just bugs me that the service book isn't perfect.