Replacement remote key fob

StuartG

Reaction score
I've recently bought a 2010 S3 Sportsback and am sorting out a number of jobs on it before it becomes the daily driver. One of the jobs is getting the keys sorted out as it came with one pretty tatty remote key fob & I definately want a spare.

I've reshelled the tatty key but my local Audi parts dept are too busy to answer/call back and I tried a couple of car locksmiths in Coventry - one said steer clear of non-genuine remote fobs and the other has quoted £210.

I travel round a fair bit so dropping in somewhere mainland UK is quite possible but if non-genuine is £210 I think I'd better be sat down when Audi quote a price!

Also the reshell gave me an uncut blade - presumably if that is cut to match it isn't enough to start the car as it lacks some immobiliser gubbins that is in the plastic fob?

Any pointers appreciated

Thanks
Stuart

Grab one of eBay, used or whatever, swap immo capsule across, very delicate job as once cracked its a goner, but I've done several successfully, so can be done.

Grab one of eBay, used or whatever, swap immo capsule across, very delicate job as once cracked its a goner, but I've done several successfully, so can be done.
Thanks - I swapped 2/3 of the key fob & left the center section with the immo capsule so that has sorted the existing key fob - its now how best to get a 2nd remote key fob.

Ahhh ok, well tbh I use Audi for peace of mind security wise.

I've recently bought a 2010 S3 Sportsback and am sorting out a number of jobs on it before it becomes the daily driver. One of the jobs is getting the keys sorted out as it came with one pretty tatty remote key fob & I definately want a spare.

I've reshelled the tatty key but my local Audi parts dept are too busy to answer/call back and I tried a couple of car locksmiths in Coventry - one said steer clear of non-genuine remote fobs and the other has quoted £210.

I travel round a fair bit so dropping in somewhere mainland UK is quite possible but if non-genuine is £210 I think I'd better be sat down when Audi quote a price!

Also the reshell gave me an uncut blade - presumably if that is cut to match it isn't enough to start the car as it lacks some immobiliser gubbins that is in the plastic fob?

Any pointers appreciated

Thanks
Stuart

I don't think my replacement key from Audi was much more than this although it was 4 years ago.

Thanks Rob & NHN - no doubt at some point I'll get sense out of Listers or try another local Audi dealer

check out Crewe Audi as they where very helpful in given me a quote for a front grille

If you ever come near Nottingham I can recommend 3D Autokeys. They're mobile and did me a non genuine key for £130

Thanks - sounds like a drop-in at 3D.

Visited 3D Autokey in Nottingham this week - booked an appointment as I was out of their coverage area.
They did a great job - remote key and a non-remote key for emergencies all sorted in an hour and for a great price.
Thoroughly recommended!