Replacement of brake pads and rotors

mike260193

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was informed by my dealer that I should change my brake pads and rotors, so I am looking at what could be a fair price to pay for that? I'm in Florida usa! ... They are charging me around $1600 can't remember right now ! Another store around $1200 (outside of the dealer)

I would appreciate some guidance

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hi here in the U.K. if it was me I would source the parts separately and pay a normal garage to fit. No more than 1-2hrs labour and save your self a small fortune, or if your feeling up to it roll up the sleeves dig out some spanner’s and crack on with it yourself, good luck whatever you do but stay away from stealerships.

Reactions: PanamaS3
Unless the parts are terribly expensive that price sounds ridiculous.

Good advice from DWB.

I agree with DW81.....but sounds like you're not a mechanic.....however its easy to price shop online for the rotors and pads you want (assuming you know what you want)....then look for a trustworthy mechanic in Florida to install.....I would recommend you joining the S3 Facebook group as there's a lot of US guys on there, and ask for recommendations for good mechanics in Florida.

If you want a decent performance upgrade on rotors and pads (like I did but without going for a big brake kit) then go to the ECS website and look up what they have.
I bought these:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...ake-rotor-kit-340x30-310x22/013928ecs01-02kt/
However when I bought these they came in a kit with stainless steel brakes lines (well worth getting) and good quality brake fluid.
Additionally I bought these pads for front and rear:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ebc-parts/front-redstuff-performance-brake-pad-set/dp32127c~ebc/

If you're not into performance upgrades then get your Audi dealer to tell you the OEM part replacement number for the rotors (or look it up online = easier) and again shop around online for those. Pads you can get any, but you get what you pay for with all of these items....just don't trust what anyone quotes you until you verify online what the prices should be.

Good luck!

Reactions: DW81 and S32B
The one good thing you guys won’t have to worry is that you probably don’t get brake squeal like us RS guys so can use OEM :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: T-800 and PanamaS3
The one good thing you guys won’t have to worry is that you probably don’t get brake squeal like us RS guys so can use OEM :tearsofjoy:

yes thankfully we don't....however I sometimes get a squeal (of joy) when I accelerate lol :)

Reactions: DW81
Screaming like a young bird at a harry styles concert mate:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: PanamaS3
Screaming like a young bird at a harry styles concert mate:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

now I think you are back to referring to the RS brakes :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
not wishing to hijack this thread....but i heard they are pretty bad but Audi does keep changing rotors/pads (?) on newer models.....so think I'm gonna wait bit longer before i head in that direction...

Reactions: DW81
I fitted red stuffs EBC on the front squeal went. Some use ferodo as well. Life’s to short to keep going back to a dealership and smashing your head against the wall outside it.

Reactions: MikeParkin, PanamaS3 and T-800
The best combo for me is DBA 4000 T3 rotors and hawk HT-10 plus pads

I tried many other like ferodo ds2500 and ebc stuff.
They all dissapointed me. Shaking steering wheel After heavy breaking or spongy breaking when too hot

Last edited:
Think I'm going for clubsport s front discs and unsure on pads yet.

I'm on the search for some good drilled rear discs.

Reactions: jungle650
Think I'm going for clubsport s front discs and unsure on pads yet.

I'm on the search for some good drilled rear discs.

I think the standard rear discs are generally ok with the CS front discs. Just upgrade the pads all round and replace with better fluid perhaps?

Reactions: MikeParkin
I think the standard rear discs are generally ok with the CS front discs. Just upgrade the pads all round and replace with better fluid perhaps?

I was thinking the same to be honest as the rears are hardly used. I'll probably just get new rear discs, mine are very poor.

Reactions: Mark_86 and jungle650