1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Replacement Heater Blower

XPOWER Dec 29, 2014

1. XPOWER

XPOWER Active Member Team Catalunya Audi RS3

The heater blower has ceased up and can only turn a quarter of a rotation before stopping.
    This hasn't come as a surprised because it started doing it moths ago but after a clean it has been working fine.

So I need a new one.
    I phoned up the Audi dealer and they quoted over £300 for one. :wtf:

After declining the offer I contacted Euro Car Parts which initially said it was £86 but that one was for manual air-conditioning but I needed a climate control blower which has a different connection pin.
    The climate control blower was £103.
    When I tried it that didn't work so I retried the old one but that one was working with a quarter turn.

They are ordering a replacement blower for me to try tomorrow by they did mention that I could have a branded one for £170.

Should these units work with my car or is there a difference even though externally they look the same?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. fangio

fangio Well-Known Member

4. XPOWER

Just to update I tried the replacement unit and that didn't work either.
    I put the old one back on to make sure it was working and it did 1/4 turn. So the climate control system isn't faulty.
    I've now had a refund. I asked the local car breakers if they had any in stock but they said those unit are quite rare.
    I will look at the classifieds then failing that I will go back to the dealers.

5. XPOWER

After a quick search I found a salvage company with a number of 8Ps breaking for parts.
    I called them and explained what I wanted.
    They came back with a quote of £45 delivered for a tested blower with a three month guarantee.
    I'm happy with that seeing that some of the second hand units are going for £80.

So it should be with me in a couple of days.