Replacement headlight bulbs

M88RCC

Reaction score
Looking for advice on where to get replacement headlight bulbs.

When I bought the car I noticed one had bee replaced but last night while I was out I noticed that the replaced one is a slightly different colour than the other one.

One has a slight blue tinge to it where as the other is pure white - its annoying me.

Where do you guys get replacement HID bulbs from?

2007 S3 is the car.

Cheers

I've got some available, bought for my previous headlight setup but no longer required.

Pm if of interest.

Aftermarket HID bulbs come in a variety of shades of white and blue based on the Kelvin scale. You need to replace bulbs in pairs or find an exact match with the other working bulb, which is a pain as you would have to remove it as well to check make and model. It may be the working bulb is also the original bulb from when the car was new and HID bulbs do dim or change colour over time. Save messing about now and later by changing both bulbs and they'll be ok for a good few years.

Yeah this is what I plan to do soonish.

But where to buy them and what fitment are they?

Cheers

Have a look for NHN Corner & EM Tuning in the Site Sponsors forum, they'll know which bulbs you need.

If your S3 has single xenon headlights (as opposed to bi-xenon) the bulbs will be D2S as already mentioned.
You can fit cheapo bulbs but in my experience the HID bulb is such a swine to fit in these headlights (I had my headlights off the car and they were a pain to fit even then, on the car you'd need to be a contortionist IMHO) that I'd recommend fitting good bulbs of a known make.
Osram are OEM and this is what I used when I renewed my bulbs last year, a pair from Amazon cost about £63 IIRC.
There are so many fake branded bulbs around (especially Osram) that I wouldn't touch ones from EBay with a barge-pole , mine came with a hologram sticker and a code to check on the Osram website to check that they were legit, which they were,lol.

Thanks @Nessy the link that was provided was actually to Osram lights.

I do not know if I have single or bi-xenon though to be honest with you, will need to check that one out.

Cheers

Dipped beam will be the brighter hid bulb and main beam will be the obvious halogen warm glow with single hid's. Maybe worth converting them to bi xenon if you want all the bulbs to look the same. You can also buy white halogen fog bulbs for a the awesome sum of £1.50 a pair, from a Chinese supplier on ebay, I have them and they look great. Only problem with bi xenon d3s bulbs is they are expensive, mine were £166 a pair, Osram night breakers.

I like the sales moto on the advert:- "customers all are our friends" :chuncky:

Reactions: SootySport