Replacement Head Unit

gazcallyt

Reaction score
Guys,

Thinking about swapping the concert II in my A3 which is on 2005 plate, anything I need to consider first or is it just a case of taking the old out, getting a compatible lead and slot it in, the existing setup is non bose.

Cheers

Gaz.

You need the removal keys, remembering to push the HU from behind with the glovebox removed and not pulling it out by the keys.
You'll need a CANBUS emulator to provide a switched ignition live, (or wire one in from the fusebox)
RCA input wiring adapter
Antenna amp adapter
Fascia plate
But first you need to check whether the wiring is ISO or Quadlock as they changed it around 2005

2005 will be iso connection. Buy a simple adapter lead for rns-e with antenna adapters of ebay to fit a quadlock stereo. LINKY

Canbus issue can be easily resolved by simply piggybacking a cable on the ebay adapter loom to provide power to the unit

Good call on pushing stereo from behind glovebox when removing. My first set of cheapo removal keys looked like paperclips by the time i had my fiorst attempt at pulling the stereo out with them!!

As said 05 could be either ISO or Quadlock (I've seen plenty of both), piggybacking the perm live will mean the HU will be on all the time, so you'd need to turn it on/off manually.
That adapter is for fitting a quadlock Audi HU to an ISO loom, if you are going aftermarket this will be of little use, you'd need an RCA input adapter

So my best bet is to find out if the stereo is quadlock or iso first before getting any connectors, I take it the canbus issue is caused because it is aftermarket stereo, and getting around this is by using a 12 volt feed into the loom of the new connector, is any coding required afterwards ?

Gaz

guys,

Finally getting round to ordering what I need, anybody know the autoleads part numbers for the correct removal keys and fascia.

Cheers

Gaz