Replacement Front Wings

Don't buy rep wings there crap buy gen only you pay a little more but they fit first time and look miles better

Reactions: Welshquattro
Berkshire panels are also very good. I have seen a B6 done using their wings and it looks fine.

I got a pre painted one off eBay. Perfect fit and colour match for £90. I wish I could find the same seller as the other side needs doing.

Reactions: Mothy69
I got one of the said wings from euro car parts and was a perfect and easy fit, im going to buy another one for the drivers side

Reactions: Mothy69
Good to know need a set myself...If the wings were sanded back filled and painted how long would you get away wit it before t he rust returned??

I got one of the said wings from euro car parts and was a perfect and easy fit, im going to buy another one for the drivers side

Do you have any photos of the gaps and fit with the bumper you could post up?

Got no close ups... But here you go (excuse the wrong colour, I gave garage the wrong code) there was no extra gap compared to original wing... Lined strait up with bumper, bonnet and door shut

I got a pre painted one off eBay. Perfect fit and colour match for £90. I wish I could find the same seller as the other side needs doing.

Yeah that's what I was going to buy, but couldn't find in my colour

Good to know need a set myself...If the wings were sanded back filled and painted how long would you get away wit it before t he rust returned??
Not worth it in my opinion, as it would come back through again, you'd have to spray whole wing any way, so probs same price as getting a new one

What about the the gap on the sill also the front lower trim dont look right

Reactions: stevewr1
What about the the gap on the sill also the front lower trim dont look right

My thoughts exactly. Dont mean to be harsh "audi-a6" but that wing looks all over the shop, ill be staying clear of euro car parts for a replacement wing for my a4

Didn't no the wing came from euro crap parts .. The only thing there good for are parts if your selling your car on

Reactions: stevewr1
What year is your car?
Currently having both my arches replaced and roof repaired at Audi Oxford using the corrosion warranty repair.
Was only able to get a 70% controbution but it's coming in at £249 for parts and labour. I was happy with that as genuine wings are pricey and the roof is a pig of a job.
That's on a 2004 190 Avant by the way

how hard was it to get them to do it? I need both wings done on my 05 S4

It all down to each dealer, some are helpfully and some are not. If you've had them sprayed or touched up before they won't do a thing. Go to ur local dealer and have a go,you may be lucky

Was pretty painless for me but they're not paying 100% so I'm sure that helps.
Looking at what the work would have cost me privately it was a no brainer.
All they did was take some photos and send off a claim to head office. Decision came back after couple weeks.
Also been given a courtesy car while the work is done....15plate A3 Cabrio S line ha

I am finally having 1 wing replaced & sprayed from drivers door to nearside wing. Local dealer wouldn't help me as someone had sprayed them up before

Just scouring though this old thread. Wastegate86 especially, How recent did you get this done by your local dealer? Both wings on my 04 S Line are in a shocking state. The roofline on drivers side is corroding too. I've now seen this on a couple of B6 A4's. I had a quote a few years ago for the roof - 70% goodwill - for the roof and I didn't go through with it because on principle I thought they should honour the whole cost under the paint warranty. I was on the understanding that the paint warranty was 12 years. Am I wrong or did you just get it covered in time?

Yes only 12 years against rust perforation. If you were lucky they would offer you 70% off as a "goodwill" gesture. Rust on front wings is very common, not quite so common is rust on roof and rusting tailgate on avant. Fun thing is the VW Passat which was released at around the same time suffered from rusting front wings aswell but VW would replace them completely free!

I would rather buy used OEM wings, rather than brand new pattern items. Besides poor fit, the steel used is inferior, and will rust quicker than the one you're replacing it with.

I would rather buy used OEM wings, rather than brand new pattern items. Besides poor fit, the steel used is inferior, and will rust quicker than the one you're replacing it with.

Totally agree. As a painter we always get asked by customers to use after market panels but as stated even if they do fit pretty well the quality of the steel used and the ecoat primer is not as robust as oem so don't be surprised if they begin to rust again after a couple of years. Like they say you get what you pay for. Oem all day long

OEM wings are galvanised I believe aswell. It's not the wings that's the problem it's the plastic wheel arch liners that rub the back of the wings and with all the grit that gets in it cuts though the paint like sandpaper and they rust, that what I was told by the Audi tec that looked at mine. Would explain why they rust from the back.

What is a decent price for a pair of used oem wings? I've heard others on here say the pre spayed wings available through certain vendors on eBay are decent enough.
I guess it just makes the job a bit easier if you can buy pre spayed in the correct paint.

Anyone know of anywhere with a good stock of oem wings?

I used rsbodypanels2012 on ebay about 6months ago. Now I did wait about 3 weeks, but it was worth it.
The wings were a super fit, I cannot fault them and colour too (mine are black) - they also came waxoiled on inside.
Given the age of these cars these wings will still outlast the rear panels!
I paid £195 delivered to Belfast for the set back then, I couldn't find a better option anywhere and did plenty of research - even to pick up a set at euro car parts would still needed painted and fitted - so add another £200 ontop.

I believe you get what you pay for...even if they were £200 from Audi, I would pay the price. Call me a stickler, or a geek, but when it comes to metalwork, it's OEM or nothing, for me.

OEM, or bust.

Unfortunately cost is what it comes down to. I paid touch under £200 for a pair of painted wings from rsbodypanels on ebay too.

I'm not going to justify several hundred on genuine wings and paint when someone could scratch or dent them a week later.

My colour is not spot on but it's better than looking at corrosion and fitting isn't too bad, bit naff around the headlight area but for the cost I'll deal with it.

Unfortunately cost is what it comes down to. I paid touch under £200 for a pair of painted wings from rsbodypanels on ebay too.

I'm not going to justify several hundred on genuine wings and paint when someone could scratch or dent them a week later.

My colour is not spot on but it's better than looking at corrosion and fitting isn't too bad, bit naff around the headlight area but for the cost I'll deal with it.

I understand where you're coming from, Paul.