Replacement front bumper needed!

meatychi

Reaction score
Ok so I was parked in a car park and when I went to reverse my car didnt move. In my infinite wisdom I applied more fuel and next thing you know I hear and feel this scraping and bumping noise.

When I looked down I noticed both my fog light grills had popped out and on closer inspection noticed that the bottom of my bumper was all warped, the top half was slightly out of alignment and my head lights were slighty scew wiff!

After even closer inspection I have noticed that a hand full of the screw holes have split, there appears to be several screws missing and the lower part of the bumper is so mishaped that I cant see it being re-aligned.

Am I correct in saying that the bottom skid panel, that sits underneath the engine, should sit on top of the bottom of the front bumper to stop this incident from happening?

So on that note can anyone tell me where I could source a replacement front bumper for a 1998 A6 Avant? Are there any breakers yard where you may have seen an A6 that has a front bumper that needs recycling?

hmmmm i got a spare front bumper if u want it, it's been in my garage for over a year and seeing how modifed my A6 is now i don't see me using it again.
it's in good condition, few stone chips, i'm near bristol

Sweet!

Cheers EvoMaster!

As you have done so many mods, can you tell me, when I look at my front wings where the bumper attaches to the arches the retaining clips seem to be pointing downwards, where I would have thought they stuck out parallel to the ground.

I'll take some pics later so you can get a better idea. I think the clips are all bent out of alignment, so not sure how the bumper will fit properley.Do you know any reasonably priced spray painters?

how much were you wanting for it? Pm please!