Replacement front bumper costs and options

MOA4B9

Reaction score
Some time ago I sustained some damage to the front bumper but I managed to live with it. More recently I sustained some damage to the RS style grille. Now I'm thinking of getting it all fixed and was considering various options but would like your opinion and estimated costs.
When I had the RS grille fitted the garage said that they can get it repaired and resprayed and if I remember correctly they said £400. So this is 1st option and get a new RS grille and to be fitted at the same time.
The second option is to buy an new original bumper. Does anyone know what the cost will be? Do they come ready painted or do I need to add cost of respray? Is it worth getting a new one if the old one can be repaired?
The third option is to get an aftermarket RS style bumper which I've seen in the £600-900 range + cost for painting. Anyone has got any experience with these and can recommend one?
Any though and suggestions will be welcomed.

I've got an RS bumper that I'm getting sprayed and fitted in the next week or two. Think they want £500ish for painting + fitting it as my paint is a 3 stage coat.

The bumper was £650 ish.

Anything from the dealer will be bare bones, and require painting.

I've got an RS bumper that I'm getting sprayed and fitted in the next week or two. Think they want £500ish for painting + fitting it as my paint is a 3 stage coat.

The bumper was £650 ish.

Where are you getting the bumper from?

That's the one I looked at yesterday but it seems to be out of stock. Would love to see a pic when you get it fitted.

Sure will post results here. If I remember lol. If not bug me in two weeks time.

Have you already received the bumper? I was wondering what the quality is like.

332E760C F7EB 4F0F 8693 F5745A6089A8
I did indeed.

Reactions: MOA4B9 and Mkay315
Looking good. Do you have more pictures in daylight from other angles that show all the datails of the bumper?

I don't sorry. I'll get some when I get a chance. Had ***** weather recently.