Replacement exhausts

Pie-eyedpiper

Reaction score
Whilst doing my rear ARB today I noticed my centre box is in bad shape, I doubt it'll last much longer.
Where are you guys sourcing replacement sections from, and how do you rate them?
It's for a 2.0tdi and I don't really want anything flash or stainless, just something along the OE line and not silly money.

Be gone with it! Get an exhaust place to just weld a pipe in place instead.

Your be better off going to a custom exhaust shop I know you said you don't want anything flash or stainless but it would be more cost effective just having a centre section put in with oem size box if you don't want a change in sound, more than likely be a lot cheaper as well over an oem or oe equivalent but you have the added bonus of knowing its done right (if you go to a decent place that is) and its not going to need changing in half the time the mild steel will.

Your be better off going to a custom exhaust shop I know you said you don't want anything flash or stainless but it would be more cost effective just having a centre section put in with oem size box if you don't want a change in sound, more than likely be a lot cheaper as well over an oem or oe equivalent but you have the added bonus of knowing its done right (if you go to a decent place that is) and its not going to need changing in half the time the mild steel will.

I've contacted my local Powerflow custom exhaust centre about a full system, cat back to see what the price would be.
My reasoning was that my system is original and 12 yrs old, so anything I put on now will potentially outlive my car.

I've contacted my local Powerflow custom exhaust centre about a full system, cat back to see what the price would be.
My reasoning was that my system is original and 12 yrs old, so anything I put on now will potentially outlive my car.
Yeah thats the best course of action for the amount they charge compared to oem it nakes sense to go to stainless whether you opt for more performance related, louder or keeping it sounding stock either way will last a long time.

How much did they quote you? I was looking at anywhere between £700-1200 for a downpipe with flexi, middle section and rear section.

I payed 700 for that Ricky, all in 2.5" with Mandel bends
Yeah that was cheapest i found as well i think it was longlife i had a job done there and found they didn't use mandrel bends so I've been put off them making my 3” downpipe now, when the time comes ill go to infinity if i remember right there one of the ones that were around a grand or so but have a brilliant rep, where did you get your done?

Yeah thats the best course of action for the amount they charge compared to oem it nakes sense to go to stainless whether you opt for more performance related, louder or keeping it sounding stock either way will last a long time.

How much did they quote you? I was looking at anywhere between £700-1200 for a downpipe with flexi, middle section and rear section.

I haven't had a reply back yet, being Sunday.
I don't imagine it'll be cheap though.

Yeah that was cheapest i found as well i think it was longlife i had a job done there and found they didn't use mandrel bends so I've been put off them making my 3” downpipe now, when the time comes ill go to infinity if i remember right there one of the ones that were around a grand or so but have a brilliant rep, where did you get your done?

I'm in the south east, so went to fast road convertions in Ashford, they seem to have a pretty good reputation.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows

This was the quote I got.
See s like a pretty good deal, they're even offering 3 yrs free credit.

Screenshot 20200511 112354

Hate when people say "from" looks like an alright price though, personally just called a local exhaust place specifying exactly what was wanted (just 2.5" straight pipe turbo back) then got a £300 quote on the spot with work carried out next day (if the price was silly would have called others but couldn't fault it and turned out the work was good too).

Wow that's an amazing price I rang around 5 or 6 places at the start of the year and I couldn't get a cat back for less than £700 all came with a lifetime guarantee and that was 3" downpipe with flexi then 2.5 after the Y piece, with a twin exit obviously, not sure if yours in single or not but either way its a great price, maybe the current times have forced them to cut prices?

Wow that's an amazing price I rang around 5 or 6 places at the start of the year and I couldn't get a cat back for less than £700 all came with a lifetime guarantee and that was 3" downpipe with flexi then 2.5 after the Y piece, with a twin exit obviously, not sure if yours in single or not but either way its a great price, maybe the current times have forced them to cut prices?

Mine has only got a single back box (twin outlets) so that cuts down on cost. I assume he was aware of that I put mine down as the 140.
The price was quite a surprise really, might be as you say they're glad to get the work. But Powerflow are a nationwide chain, carried out by local depots.

Mine has only got a single back box (twin outlets) so that cuts down on cost. I assume he was aware of that I put mine down as the 140.
The price was quite a surprise really, might be as you say they're glad to get the work. But Powerflow are a nationwide chain, carried out by local depots.
Yeah similar to longlife there quote for me was £7 or 800 cant remember exactly now, still a lot more so id get it done mate sounds like a good deal :icon thumright: