Replacement exhaust - Audi only place???

pocketrocket786

Reaction score
OK I need a new mid section and backboxes for my A4 Sline Quattro (2005) - took it to my local exhaust garage who told me yes we can replace....turns out there supplier delivered the wrong parts as the exhaust they sent was totally different.
Cutting a long story short they then proceeded to tell me that the exhaust had to be ordered directly from Audi as know one does aftermarket replacement exhaust systems for my car. Is that correct, no aftermarket suppliers stock this exhaust system?

Phone Audi to get a price - £300 for the mid section and over £400 a piece for the two backboxes. Thats almost £1200 without even fitting!.

Can someone please advise if there are other suppliers I can use?

Do you want a standard like for like or something aftermarket?

standard like for like- ie not at dealer prices

Last edited:
What engine have you got? I've got an excellent condition exhaust from a 3.0tdi sat it my garage... DPF has been gutter but other than that's is completely stock, interested?

Joe' exhaust is a good buy, having seen it myself it should last quiet well.... how are you going to get it from A to B unless you want it fitted?, could ask Dale if he wants to do it on the 2 post lift in the workshop?

Get an aftermarket/stainless steel exhaust. Miltek? Jetex? Etc. I have a 2.0tfsi exhaust. Cat back. It is Quattro tho.

He's not said what engine or if his is a quattro...

Dealer prices are extortionate, Miltek works out to be about £1000 with the boxes and the mid section, is that about right?

It would be the better option for me (Miltek), but if you're looking to keep the car quiet and standard then OEM exhaust is the way to go

As Carl says, Dale could fit the exhaust for you in about an hour I'd wager. Although if you have a DPF at the moment it will need to be mapped out, which is no bad thing!

I also know a local guy who could remap & DPF your car while it's having the exhaust fitted, probably an hour all in, and would be less than a Miltek...

Im after exhaust bits to convert my2.0 tdi from single exit to twin exit,so any help from this thread would be great. Ive already got a rear valance just not sure what exhaust bits i need.

Not sure on all the parts you'd need, however the exhaust I have is a single pipe from the 1st cat (in the engine bay), and the sections I've had replaced consist of a single combined CAT/DPF unit (innards removed from DPF), which then leads to the rear section which splits in two around the quattro/rear struts and 2 backboxes. Would imagine it would fit a 2.0tdi, but not 100% sure...

Thank you guys for all the kind offers of supplying me an exhaust. I have today managed to sort out an stainless steel exhaust system fabricated for my car at a very reasonable price. Must say i am pleased with it and it sounds quite nice too.

Apologies for not getting back sooner - was running around trying to sort it today as I couldnt drive the car as it was.