Replacement DV

czm

Reaction score
I recently had my 1.8t BEX A4 remapped at Rtech.
Been a transformation on how it pulls and the guys there managed some good results.

While I was there Nick mentioned that my stock DV was ‘fluttering’ a bit and I should look at replacing it when possible.
Has anybody got the part number for the stock one I need?

Thanks

hi mate,why dont you upgrade it?
i had a mk4 golf a few yrs ago with the 1.8t engine and had that remapped and i believe the standard dv where prone to leaking due to being plastic or they wouldnt hold pressure,something like that anyway i replaced mine with a forge dv, i think if i remember rightly it was a 007p or along those lines and it was a quiet one too untill i fitted an induction kit where you could hear it through that slightly!

Thanks m8, I was going to upgrade but Nick at Rtech said dont bother and the stock one is more than adequate.

The Forge DV 008 was the revised design, which TTS Roadsport fitted for me. They snapped the OEM one when they removed it but I think I still have it in the Forge box so I could check the part no. for you when I get home, provided it's printed on the part?

Thanks m8, I was going to upgrade but Nick at Rtech said dont bother and the stock one is more than adequate.

Fair enough he probably knows more than me obviously!!
I just remember it was a part people recommended on the ukmkiv forum when I had my golf, if I remember rightly one of the reasons where that the standard one didn't hold boost as well as a upgraded one?
maybe the audi ones are slightly stronger than in the mk4 golfs?

i went for a stock one to replace the broken forge one that was on the car when we got it, the car couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding

i am sure the PN I had from Audi had a P in it???? I will check.

Yep, here's mine from my 190 1.8T, ends in P:

2013 09 27 175144