replacement cone filter(NOT jETEX)

Mine's just discoloured from age, but otherwise alright. I was careful doing the jubilee up, making sure I didn't over tighten it. Why do K&N's need oiling and Jetex's not? They're both cotton filters? I've always liked the K&N Group A cossie filters with the big bellmouth inlet.
JR are oiled, just not heavily

Yeah that wasn't my question though. I was wondering why K&N require oiling but Jetex's don't when they're both cotton filters...

Bit of a thread revival but wnated to keep people informed and help out with buying options etc from my experiences.

I had been running an S3 specific JR filter for about 6months and no i am stage 2 as some had pointed out this filter is now a bit small for the airflow i am getting.

So time for an upgrade, i remembered seeing this thread and the issues some were having with the 08001 and the neck splitting etc so i wanted avoid this of course and get the revised 08012.

I emailed part-box as this is where i got my last JR filter from to find out if the had the revised version but after a week or so emailing back and fourth they werfe still unsure but as they had only received their stock from JR erlier this month they were pretty sure they would be the latest model. So as it was only £46 delivered i bought one. It arrived and i could tell it was the same 08001 i had seen on other cars. I did think the neck looked a little on the small side and the jubilee clip wasnt that big either but only just sits on the neck.

I installed said 08001 and made sure as best i could that the clip was fully on the neck and then did the clip up but not overly tight. after about 3-4 days a could hear a different sort of noise to what i would normally hear from under the bonnet. So popped it open to find the 08001 sat in my engine bay as it had fallen off the MAF. I checked the neck straight away and it had split!

I contacted part-box and explained the issue but they wanted to inspect the filter so i posted it back to them. I was then told the filter had split cos i had installed it wrong and done the clip up too tight. I argued this as there solution was for me to pay another £10 to have another 08001 sent to me. Eventually i have now secured a full refund (minus the cost of the postage back to them).

So if you want to buy the filter on its own you want to buy the 08012 as it has a much thicker neck and thicker jubilee clip the neck also has a lip on it to stop the jubilee from being able to slide off.

i have spoken to Jetex and they have informed me that only they or bill @ badger 5 stock these (infact they no longer stock the 08001 even though it is listed on their website you will receive a 08012). So if you want one those are the places to get one from.

this is the link to it on the jetex website https://www.jetex.co.uk/jetex/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=6712

I used a K&N For the Honda S2000, fits nice and snug over the 80mm MAF housing and its pretty big IMO.

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

E-2435 - K&N Replacement Filters, Replacement Air Filter

Remember the Airflow housing on the outside has a step on it closer to the center, so for me to slip the filter over the step aswell I had to put the filter neck in some hot water to give it a little flex, Had no problems with a normal clamp securing onto maf.

Bit of a thread revival but wnated to keep people informed and help out with buying options etc from my experiences.

I had been running an S3 specific JR filter for about 6months and no i am stage 2 as some had pointed out this filter is now a bit small for the airflow i am getting.

So time for an upgrade, i remembered seeing this thread and the issues some were having with the 08001 and the neck splitting etc so i wanted avoid this of course and get the revised 08012.

I emailed part-box as this is where i got my last JR filter from to find out if the had the revised version but after a week or so emailing back and fourth they werfe still unsure but as they had only received their stock from JR erlier this month they were pretty sure they would be the latest model. So as it was only £46 delivered i bought one. It arrived and i could tell it was the same 08001 i had seen on other cars. I did think the neck looked a little on the small side and the jubilee clip wasnt that big either but only just sits on the neck.

I installed said 08001 and made sure as best i could that the clip was fully on the neck and then did the clip up but not overly tight. after about 3-4 days a could hear a different sort of noise to what i would normally hear from under the bonnet. So popped it open to find the 08001 sat in my engine bay as it had fallen off the MAF. I checked the neck straight away and it had split!

I contacted part-box and explained the issue but they wanted to inspect the filter so i posted it back to them. I was then told the filter had split cos i had installed it wrong and done the clip up too tight. I argued this as there solution was for me to pay another £10 to have another 08001 sent to me. Eventually i have now secured a full refund (minus the cost of the postage back to them).

So if you want to buy the filter on its own you want to buy the 08012 as it has a much thicker neck and thicker jubilee clip the neck also has a lip on it to stop the jubilee from being able to slide off.

i have spoken to Jetex and they have informed me that only they or bill @ badger 5 stock these (infact they no longer stock the 08001 even though it is listed on their website you will receive a 08012). So if you want one those are the places to get one from.

this is the link to it on the jetex website https://www.jetex.co.uk/jetex/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=6712

I think the moral of this story also is support the sellers who look after the customers and evolve products where they are lacking.
Jetex have done this with us, and eventually JR made a new version to replace the FR08001. Online only companies like parts box are just shifting boxes of product, and not involved in the use of these, and proved to be of little "help" when things went wrong.

Jetex/Badger5 have stuck at it and seen customers right with replacements where appropriate, and brought about a better product out of it. JR would seemingly continue to sell the known to be weak FR08001 tho so Beware... Cheaper is not always better....

Sometimes a bargain can be had but yes sometimes you do get what you pay for and after all my research it can see that B5 and Jetex have made improvments to the old 08001 and the 08012 looks much more suitable for the 1.8t engine hence why i have now placed my order with jetex for this filter.

received my FC-08012 direct from jetex yesterday and fitted it today :)

Compared to the FC-08001 it is a massive improvement in design as the rubber is much thicker and stronger. plus with the wider neck and jubilee clip it fits very very well and tied with the S3 dave heatshield i have the whole setup is very solid and looks very good.

Defo worth the hassle getting it. So if tyour looking at getting a filter my advice is gert the FC-08012 from B5 or jetex themselves and save yourself any issues.