1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

replacement c.c.panel

rodney brown Nov 3, 2019

1. rodney brown

rodney brown Registered User

On my recently fitted s6 seats, I did not include the heated seat facility because I had not the correct climate control panel. I now have one and intend fitting and utilising the heated element of the seats'
    Can anyone tell me what is required to install the new panel and have it working, I have the connections on the Kufatec loom, it's more any coding that may be required that I am asking for. Many thanks, Rod.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

You need to go to a dealer and have component protection (CP) removed, it cannot be removed with VCP or VCDS. CP removal requires a licensed version of ODIS with access to VW servers, the hacked version on ebay won't remove CP.

4. rodney brown

I see, assuming this will cost a dealers ransom would I be better off leaving the heating facility?

5. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Authorised 3rd patties such as myself can also remove component protection.

6. rodney brown

Thanks for the reply, perhaps you could let me know your whereabouts and likely cost? Thanks, Rod.

7. rodney brown

8. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Based in North London and my standard component protection removal cost is £65.00.

vagcarcoding.com

9. rodney brown

Thanks for reply but the distance involved makes it unlikely.
    Cheers Rod

10. rodney brown

Further to my asking about component removal, apart from DJAlix in London, is there no-one else nearer to Manchester available to undertake this task. I'm certainly not averse to travelling, but London is just too impractical. Here's hoping!

11. Bbflex

Bbflex Registered User

DJAlix gave me this person based in Leicester
    http://www.vagpro.co.uk/

I haven’t used them as of yet but they where his recommendation.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. rodney brown

Many thanks for the reply, I've managed to find someone,(a company) amazingly local, so hopefully will have this resolved this week, Rod.