Replacement Bulbs

Ginger Prince

Reaction score
Merry Christmas all!

Apologies if I'm going to be told to check past posts but using my iPhone i cant seem to find the info i require....

I don't need to, but i would like to replace/upgrade the Xenon bulbs on my 2008 S3 (8P) pre-facelift model.
I have found Philips DS2 (Blue Vision Ultra 6000K) for £91.97!!!

Does anyone know where I can get these cheaper, or, recommend alternatives offering the same quality & output?

Also, I never use my DRL as they are a nasty yellow colour. I have seen 'bright white DRL bulbs' on BM-Town which I think would do the trick, however, I have read on some posts that aftermarket bulbs to combat the yellow light gave burnt out and ruined the light housing!
Can anyone offer any advice/experience on this matter too please?

Im not a mechanic and don't like to cut corners, i always believe on getting things done properly. That said, I'm not shy of having a go so is the replacing of the Xenon's and DRL bulbs relatively straight forward?

Thanks,
Mike

You could try user T8ups on here. He is a site sponsor and very knowledgeable about all bulbs. Hope that helps you out. :) x

Can anyone help please...?

Ive noticed I need DS2 for Xenon, Fog H3, high beam H7 & i don't know about sidelights.

If you were changing the Xenon and DRL bulbs would you change the sidelights (not indicators) too as these also look yellow?

Also, why would anyone want to change the fogs as they're hardly used? I'd probably leave those.

I want the blue tint to the headlights so don't want the sidelights still showing yellow and changing the nasty yellow DRL too.

Can anyone help please...?

Ive noticed I need DS2 for Xenon, Fog H3, high beam H7 & i don't know about sidelights.

If you were changing the Xenon and DRL bulbs would you change the sidelights (not indicators) too as these also look yellow?

Also, why would anyone want to change the fogs as they're hardly used? I'd probably leave those.

I want the blue tint to the headlights so don't want the sidelights still showing yellow and changing the nasty yellow DRL too.

like sandra said mate try T8ups - hes done all the lighting on my S3 8P including the full interior and puddle and footwell lights and also has a variety for the DRL's - mine luk awesome thanks to him DRL's luk the part when matching colour to the xenons - have a word with T8ups hel hook you up

I did pal, he told me I needed D1S but websites are telling me DS2...?

I'll wait for him to pick up my messages.

Thanks for the reply