Reaction score

Attachments

• BCF1AEBB-4EA3-4586-BB31-E9366405943C.jpeg
    BCF1AEBB-4EA3-4586-BB31-E9366405943C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 327
  • 8394143F-C5EE-499B-9881-DBA990C8E740.png
    8394143F-C5EE-499B-9881-DBA990C8E740.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 203
I’m about to replace the OE battery on my 2014 PFL for a new Varta AGM one (https://www.varta-automotive.com/en-gb/products/varta-silver-dynamic-agm/570-901-076)

I have VCDS…. Does anyone know what exactly needs changing from the original Battery Part Number, Battery Serial Number or Battery Vendor tabs?

I just changed the serial number by 1 digit at the end, this lets the management system know a new battery has been fitted.

If the make is different change that (VAR) and check the AH is same.
07502ac47faba6cbb83a0ba9f032208b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might have to change the battery type as the oe fit is an efb battery not agm.
the type isn’t agm though confusingly. Can’t remember off the top of my head what it is.

I totally missed that part. If you're replacing an EFB with AGM you need to select the type to be Fleece.
That’s the one. Fleece!
Always forget what it’s called.
If changing like for like then like others have said just change serial number cause half the time the battery manufacturer isn’t on the list.

just follow this Youtube clip -

Hi sorry new to the site. Was looking for someone who can help with vcds as think that's what need. As I'm new don't know how to message you directly. I'm in Leicester and need help with my A4

Just about to do mine as the battery in my 2016 S3 has died.

Problem I have is I have no Bem code on the new battery and the new battery is a different brand and values.

Old battery id made by Moll 12v 68AH and 360A

New is Varta 12v 70AH and 760A its also an AGM one.

My VCDS just arrived so will give it a go. Hopefully i can change the values as its a newer car and then just change one digit on the serial number to be good to go.

Just about to do mine as the battery in my 2016 S3 has died.

Problem I have is I have no Bem code on the new battery and the new battery is a different brand and values.

Old battery id made by Moll 12v 68AH and 360A

New is Varta 12v 70AH and 760A its also an AGM one.

My VCDS just arrived so will give it a go. Hopefully i can change the values as its a newer car and then just change one digit on the serial number to be good to go.
How did you get on.

How did you get on.
All done :redface new:

Though it took a while as my car had so many more options than in the YouTube video, so it took a while to scroll through and find them.

Mine had 4 values I could change: the Ah, the vendor the battery type and then i just changed a digit on the serial number too. All error codes now cleared and the start stop it working again.

Reactions: rhubarb4
All done :redface new:

Though it took a while as my car had so many more options than in the YouTube video, so it took a while to scroll through and find them.

Mine had 4 values I could change: the Ah, the vendor the battery type and then i just changed a digit on the serial number too. All error codes now cleared and the start stop it working again.
Yeah that’s what I did with mine, I changed the battery type to Fleece, as someone on here said fleece instead of AGM