Replace stock instrument cluster with A1 Quattro Instrument Cluster

Prof.Farnsworth

Reaction score
Hey Community

It has been forever since I was posting or even reading in this forum. The reason was I have sold my red S1 in 2019 because the warranty was expired and my clutch was in really bad condition.
Now, missing my beloved S1, I decided to buy another one and now I'm here happy and with a question. :)

Does anyone know if the instrument cluster from the loveley A1 Quattro fit the S1?

From an external view I would say yes, but I have no idea about electronic part...

I have found a dealer from Australia that sells these OEM clusters. (Link: https://eurocarupgrades.com.au/audi-a1-quattro-instrument-cluster-8x0920930f-oem-genuine.html).

It's quiet expensive though

Thank you guys and I'm glad to be back!

Attachments

• 37B540A7-BDA2-4628-82BE-60663731424E.jpeg
    37B540A7-BDA2-4628-82BE-60663731424E.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 451
Pretty sure they're same size/same fixings. To fit you'll need someone who can code the immobiliser/keys and you might have to swap the centre screen (not sure if there's a difference between the early units and S1 version). You'll lose the S1 graphic too but will gain the A1 Quattro one assuming there is one.

Reactions: Prof.Farnsworth
hey mate, if you run into any troubles purchasing and shipping the product from aus, let me know and i can ship it to you private. I live down in NSW.

Pretty sure they're same size/same fixings. To fit you'll need someone who can code the immobiliser/keys and you might have to swap the centre screen (not sure if there's a difference between the early units and S1 version). You'll lose the S1 graphic too but will gain the A1 Quattro one assuming there is one.
Ok, thank you for your answer. I naively hoped that it would not be so complicated (especially with coding and replacing the screens). I think I'll settle for replacing the speedometer screens. There is a company in Germany that specializes in that. (and it's way cheaper!)

hey mate, if you run into any troubles purchasing and shipping the product from aus, let me know and i can ship it to you private. I live down in NSW.
I appreciate that, thank you! I will be happy to contact you if I decide to buy the speedometer.

Quick update:
I was lucky and was able to buy the original dial from the Audi a1 Quattro. Looking forward when it is installed! Will certainly look great! Will post a picture after I have installed them.

Attachments

• 3BE4BC8A-9F4F-4D9B-9B54-7BC68E34978E.jpeg
    3BE4BC8A-9F4F-4D9B-9B54-7BC68E34978E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 227
Reactions: Syxi and Phazer
Where did you get the dial faces and what part numbers are they?
Also did you end up fitting them?

Sorry for my late answer. Yes, I have fitted them. I have made a post about it (https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/changing-instrument-cluster-discs.427572/#post-3696882). Unfortunately there was no part number. I was extremely lucky and found it by accident on eBayKleinanzeigen (german version of eBay). The seller was a former quattro GmbH employee and worked on the A1 quattro project. I will ask him if he has some more (finger crossed). No guarantee.