Replace S4 Grill with RS4 Grill

Dartiailh

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone got an advice on the RS4 grill conversion. I have found this video which shows it being fairly straight forward.

My questions are:-
Where have you bought your RS4 Grill from? ebay have a range fron china... not sure on the quality

What paint have you used to spray your intercooler black?

any other advice?

I got my grill from a Chinese source but through a guy in the UK who I can put you in touch with if you want. I think that it was like £250 and arrived in a few days. The quality isn't OEM, but it's more than sturdy enough and looks really good once on.

The installation was fairly easy, it's just the quantity of stuff you have to unscrew that takes the time for the most part, rather than the actual difficulty. If you have the adaptive cruise radars like I do, the clips can be a pain to remove though... Other than that it's pretty easy!

I didn't spray the intercooler at all, I did wrap the silver crash bar in gloss black vinyl though as it would've stuck out like a sore thumb otherwise. The intercooler isn't very obvious though. :)

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Yes please pass me the details of where you got your Grill.
I only have parking sensors to deal with so shouldnt be to much of a pain.
any idea the length of the vinyl that you ordered fro the crash bar.
got any photos of your grill installed?

Yes please pass me the details of where you got your Grill.
I only have parking sensors to deal with so shouldnt be to much of a pain.
any idea the length of the vinyl that you ordered fro the crash bar.
got any photos of your grill installed?

I’ll PM you the details so you can give him a shout.

I just got an off cut of vinyl from my local wrapper, I think if you get about 30x100cm it would be more than enough and it would give you some room for error. Basically you only need it for the width of the grill so you can just measure it, and a lot of it is covered by the styrofoam bit behind the grill that houses the airbag sensor anyway.

84bef4ca7f8b28cac5dfec78eb120b14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you also need to modify or replace the foam with the crash sensor in too don't you?