Repairing / Replacing Interiour Trim

sc00byd00byd00

Frank and Beans...............
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm now on my 2nd A4 (8E Chassis) moving from a '51 Saloon 130 1.9 TDi Sport to a 54' Avant 2.5 TDi Quattro Sport 180.

In this new car, it is exactly like my last one was, i.e the plastic trim on the doorcard that has the window and doormirror switches on is scratched to buggery.

09062009883.jpg

Can just this plastic trim be replaced or does it have to be the whole doorcard ?

Also, has anybody managed to find a technique to repair this bit ?

How do people scratch this bit ?? I've never once added to the scratches on my previous car.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

its the coating scratched off by people with jewelry and keys in their hands etc.

I dont think there will be any cars without some wear and tear around this area!!!

Yeah can replace, could also remove & spray but for what's involved & cost of new trim I'd replace with new mate & damage is done by keys I reckon when getting out, but I never had this issue but can see how it could happen.

Part is called Pull Handle Armrest page 867-00 in ETKA so just call audi for price over phone & amke sure quote chassis & get colour code correct for your car, can remove & replace yourself save fair bit from audi then or get some nice chap on forum local to you familiar with the process & slide them beer money etc, I know someone up that way who for few quid might do.

I've just replaced mine, cost about £6 from TPS. You have to remove the door card to change it, the plastic clips that hold the doorcard on will break costing another couple of quid.

To make it easy

8E2 867 172 7PE (Soul)

This is assuming the interior is black...the clips that will break are 8E0 868 243 and their are 6

Make sure to give they dealer your VIN number in case there is a a shade variation of the color

How do people scratch this bit ?? I've never once added to the scratches on my previous car.

Lol I agree with that statement! In the two years I have had my car I don't think I have added a single extra scratch to mine either! :ohmy:

To make it easy

8E2 867 172 7PE (Soul)

This is assuming the interior is black...the clips that will break are 8E0 868 243 and their are 6

Make sure to give they dealer your VIN number in case there is a a shade variation of the color

Nice one ! Thanks !

It's nails that cause that kind of damage.
As I pulled my door some time ago and it slipped out my hand, my nail ripped the soft rubber that covers the handle. Lets just say I was not impressed! :keule:

The more nails the more damage. I've even seen it round the headlight switch and volume button on the stereo.

As I pulled my door some time ago and it slipped out my hand, my nail ripped the soft rubber that covers the handle. Lets just say I was not impressed! :keule:

The more nails the more damage. I've even seen it round the headlight switch and volume button on the stereo.

I dont think i'd have that problem, I chew my nails down to the bone ;-)

I dont think i'd have that problem, I chew my nails down to the bone ;-)

Same here!! lol !!.....and I replaced my handle about a month back.

It cost about £8 from the local dealers and wasn't too difficult to fit....I took it nice and easy, got the door card off then took it in the house and got it layed out on a soft rug. I had to break 2 clips on the old tatty handle to get it out but the new one clipped into place no probs.

You'll need a torx set and a couple of small electricians screwdrivers to prize the switches out of the old handle.

The pianno black trim along the top of the door hides the main torx screws.
It pops off from the hinge end of the door NOT the latch end as stated elswhere on here, theres one screw at the bottom of the door and 2 behind the little oval piece inside the grab handle. You will brake the clips as you no already but there about 30p each.

All in all it was one of the best things i've done to mine yet.

Goodluck

RyanJonS4

As I pulled my door some time ago and it slipped out my hand, my nail ripped the soft rubber that covers the handle. Lets just say I was not impressed!

Was that in your 'weekend' clothes? ;)

Was that in your 'weekend' clothes? ;)

LOL!! Funny! The thong can be a tad uncomfortable while seated though.

I used to snack on my nails years ago then I stopped, now i just trim (with incisors) them when they start to look a bit too girlish.

I did see an A4 when I was looking to buy my current one, it must have been owned by a woman or a 'shim' cos the light switch surround, radio and window switches were all f88ked up!

I remember sitting in an A4 at the Motorshow when the B6 was first displayed looking at all the marked plastic where jewelry and nails had damaged the surface, including the headrest buttons. I thought it was sh1t quality for Audi, but guess what..I still bought one.

By the time I sold mine after 5 years of ownership, one of my radio buttons, both front door handles and the front window switches were damaged.

I blamed it on the wifes finger nails :slap:

I'm just about to do this, I have removed the 7 screws from the door card, but what is the best way to remove the door card, it still seems firmly attatched to the door, it doesn't seem to lift like most door cards I have taken off before. do I need to prise it off and where is the best place to start?
Thanks

I've now managed to do this, I got my hands in between the plastic and the rubber seal near the bottom on the hinge side and then gave it a good tug outwards and then worked my way around the bottom until it was all off. I only broke one clip

Ha. Let me know when you've worked out how to take the circled bit off. Ive still not done mine yet. Not had chance

hi all new to forum, full of great info. went to dealer yesterday, 20 euro for same part about 15 pounds i think, as usual ripped off in ireland:banghead:
just wondering if you can replace centre console as mine is beige and going back to black plastic in places

hi all new to forum, full of great info. went to dealer yesterday, 20 euro for same part about 15 pounds i think, as usual ripped off in ireland:banghead:
just wondering if you can replace centre console as mine is beige and going back to black plastic in places

I'm sure anything is possible, its just whether cost is financially viable or not

its not too bad once you've got the door card off, then there are 2 electrical plugs to undo and it seperate and you can take it in to work on the table (much to the delight of the wife!).
There are then 8 or 9 torx screws holding the arm on, undo these and then 2 more electric plugs and the arm comes away. Then I just pulled the handle bit out with some force.
A small flat blade screwdriver is needed to remove the switches and mirror control and then reasemble.
Whilst out I cleaned all the switches with a small paint brush and sprayed with pcb electrical conponent cleaner.
Not a bad job and will probably take about an hour. Wait for a nice day tho

Yours is in much better condition than mine! Also the headlight switch is knackered.