Repair, Replace or Claim?

fafa

Reaction score
So, I reversed into my neighbours van at the weekend and damaged the bumper possibly bent the rear wing slightly and scratched the diffuser and offside taillights (both). I've got a £550 excess on my insurance.
Neighbour reckons he needs a new van door which is about 150 quid.
I've taken it to an audi approved body shop who wanted to charge by 80 quid for full estimate inspection, but ball park would be at least 1500, probably closer to 2000.
Waiting for smart repair to give me a quote but given the state of the bumper I'm wondering if I shouldn't just buy a new one and fit it myself? My main concern is the colour match on the bumper and the bend in the rear wing. Wondering if I can do it cheaply enough to warrant avoiding the excess and increased premium next year.

Any advice/thoughts?

A good body and paint shop can blend and match pretty much any colour combo these days (ask me how I know lol)

if you can post some pictures of the damage you may get a better response.

Charging you £80 for a quotation is ok, if they take the £80 off the final repair bill!

The problems with trying a diy repair is that you don’t know how much damage there is behind the bumper, and often won’t find out until the car is stripped down :hi: