Removing the corroded boot lock trim advice.

sprally

Reaction score
How easy is it?
Mines is pretty bad on my s3 and letting it down.
Anybody else done theirs themselves?

just remove the plastic on the inside of the boot, there is 2 screws where the handle is to pull the boot down, the rest you will have to pull out of the clips, feels like your gonna break it when your pulling...but have confidence ;)

once off theres two 10mm nuts behind the bodywork, once undone make sure you undo the 4 connections for the number plate lights and pressure buttons....and theres two plastic clips keeping it attached...job done

Not done mine, but FYI, Audi came down from £250 to just £80 to respray it . . . bartering gets you everywhere!

easy job, but worth getting a whole new set of foam gaskets for the bolts, switches and lights so its all watertight for another 10 years. Scrape off the old ones and stick them on before you refit the lot.

i replaced a switch recently...... after rebuilding the broken one (the microswitch was ******** though)

I dont think theres much point in replacing these items unles they are showing a breach...pointless IMO as the pressure pads arent sealed anyway and the Plate lenses should be sealed.... save ya money

Mine needs doing quite badly but the plan is to get it all done at once, that is when i get around to having the whole side resprayed to cover the keying and the front bumper to cover the chips......just cant bring myself to spend £600 on paint when it could happen the day after i fetch it back!!

perhaps the gaskets on yours were ok then. I know on mine they were dry, brittle and flat as a pancake. The new ones I fitted were about 5mm thick and then compressed to form a tight seal when refitted. The switches seemed pretty watertight too from the back around the electrical connectors. The gaskets aren't expensive either, I think I only paid 75p from the dealers. The hardest part was scraping off the old ones.

oh sorry mate thought you were on about replacing the whole switches

i replaced a switch recently...... after rebuilding the broken one (the microswitch was ******** though)

Do you mean the boot opening microswitch? The one on the left of my boot lock stopped working when we had all the snow and I'd like to fix it. Was it just a cae of cleaning it out or did you get an actual replacement? Do you have the part # & price?

i pulled mine apart mate but there is a microswitch that is sealed and unservicable

i placed a post in stoke Audis section on the forum....check through there and you'll see that they will have posted the part number and price....

straight replace item.....just a few things to undo to take it off.....

neither does my horse..... thumbs up for all this primative transport eh :)