Removing S-Line grille badge?

JDM82

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got myself a black S-line grille badge and need to know how to remove the original one? I dont wantg to just remove the badge but the holder/bracket too. I've had a gentle pull at it but I think there is a proper way to do it? :think:

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

I would guess the proper way to do it is to remove the bumper, and get at the badge bracket from the rear.

Hey guys,

I've got myself a black S-line grille badge and need to know how to remove the original one? I dont wantg to just remove the badge but the holder/bracket too. I've had a gentle pull at it but I think there is a proper way to do it? :think:

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

Is this what you want to do (this is mine)
BlackBadgepics007.jpg

If so, I prised the silver sline badge off then used double sided sticky tape to put the black badge on.
Are you doing the rest?

Mac

Yeah thats the badge. It came on the holder as one part so...... Yeah Im doing the side badges in black to match my black audi 4 rings badge on my grille and black 4 rings badge on my boot.

Yeah thats the badge. It came on the holder as one part so...... Yeah Im doing the side badges in black to match my black audi 4 rings badge on my grille and black 4 rings badge on my boot.

I've done all mine, and they look great, the holder on the grille is moulded as part of the grille, at least it is on mine, post a pic when your done fella.

This badge I have looks like it clips in? Dont think mine original is part of the grille, might be wrong but here's what my new badge looks like

P1030305.jpg

Im guessing I put the holder into the grille and use the two metal clips to secure it from the back?

That's exactly what I had, but it doesnt fit the sline grille, if you offer it up to the grille you will see what i mean.

Does the grille badge come off like all other badges do? i.e if I heat it with a hairdryer the glue will melt and ill be able to pull it off? Does a badge ment for the rear door fit into the grille badge's holder?