Removing Rear Wiper..

leeds2592

When I grow up, I want a 964!
Reaction score
Hi,

So my rear wiper is now sagging down slightly and hitting the paintwork which is causing marks.

How the flip do I get it off to adjust it? I've tried giving it a yank but I'm a bit weary of pulling it too hard (oo-er).

Thanks in advance

Hi,

So my rear wiper is now sagging down slightly and hitting the paintwork which is causing marks.

How the flip do I get it off to adjust it? I've tried giving it a yank but I'm a bit weary of pulling it too hard (oo-er).

Thanks in advance

You need a puller to remove the arm, and it doesn't need adjusting, you need a new wiper motor. Yours will have loads of play in it which is why it's hitting the paintwork. The seals fail inside from the washer and kills the motor. They are now revised. I expect your car is around 2005 to 2007 reg?

Mine don't work any good cheap place to buy the part I need mine don't even move

You need a puller to remove the arm, and it doesn't need adjusting, you need a new wiper motor. Yours will have loads of play in it which is why it's hitting the paintwork. The seals fail inside from the washer and kills the motor. They are now revised. I expect your car is around 2005 to 2007 reg?

You're right, mines a 2006 reg! Thanks for links aswell.

How exactly does the puller work? Looking at the price of them, I may be better not using it and slapping some RainX or something similar on the back windscreen.

I just went about completely removing mine today. If you want to do this. Halfords HFX321 25mm grommet and some clear or black silicone sealant.

You need to remove the plastic on the inside of the bootlid first, 4 torx (i think t20 or 25) screws on the inside, two located in the handle recess and two located underneath the covers that access the fog and reverse lights (you need to remove these covers). then just set about pulling the inner cover off, its on clips so just tug at it until it comes off.

The actual wiper motor is held on by 3x 10mm bolts which are easy enough to get to. However you need to remove the wiper arm first before you can take it off. Undo the cap at the pivot of the wiper, underneath is a 13mm bolt, remove that. What i did from here was use a small hacksaw to cut the plastic part of the wiper down to the metal. Once i did that i just used a flat head screwdriver to break the plastic off. I then removed the bolts from the inside and it was off. Pull out the old grommet, slap some silicone sealant around the inside of the new grommet and pop it into place. I then from the inside of the boot slapped on a load more silicone sealant then went about blocking up the water feed for the motor. Job done.

Halfords | Halfords Blanking Grommet 25mm

Halfords | Granville Silicone Sealant Clear 40g

any pics? not sure about that grommit. am sure someone fitted a glass grommit wich looks better.

My windows are factory tinted so it doesnt stand out too much. Its a massive improvement either way. Will get pics up tomoro, posting via tapatalk atm