Removing Rear box

Adem Ozkaya

OzzyS1
Reaction score
So no1 actually answered the first post so il repost lol

Whats everyones opinions on removing the rear box and replacing with a y-piece custom rear section? Reckon it'll be too loud? or sound nice

dont know of any one removing the rear box , lots have removed the 2 front silencers , sounds nice on the move but not so good at idle

I have already removed my 2 Silencers and its sounds "okay" it sounds like it wants to throw pops/bangs out the exhaust but just doesn't have that extra bit of noise so was thinking about removing rear box but worried its gonna be a little too loud

so you ll just have a straight pipe from the cat ?
id have thought it will sound **** and do nothing for performance

Basically Yeah .....other option is putting a smaller box in to replace the one thats there at the moment or getting a full custom cat back made

I personally think will be too loud would be fine if was 17 and on a corsa or a nova, but this is a S1 I agree the car dose need a bit more exhaust note but anything too loud will just be silly

Reactions: gingers3
Well I'm going down to the custom exhaust place to have my backbox removed and gonna test the exhaust note, think i will replace with a smaller box tbf .... was considering Cat back however i don't know what the price will be :/

I had Hayward & Scott make me a custom 3" cat back on my old megane that was running 460bhp I paid 700 cash

Yeah I'm going down to EMP to get mine done ....dunno if i want 3 inch or 2.75? and its also whether they can make a cat back within a day

Hayward & Scott had my car for 3 days, but there work is spot on and would rather someone take there time than someone do a rush job

Yeah they are a proper company that bend the pipe instead of just using bends quick maximises the flow and the offer it all up before welding it so they no it looks and fits perfect

Reactions: S1Grant