Removing parking ticket glue from windscreen

Firstname_lastname

in ur base killin ur doodz
Reaction score
As title,

I got a ticket in the office car park for not displaying my pass (its a bit draconian in my opinion, but its sorted now), what i can't accept is the glue they used to affix the ticket to my windscreen, two weeks later its still there.

Before you ask, no i haven't tried to remove the glue residue yet, I thought i'd get advice first.

@Firstname_lastname - Some WD40 will shift that if you haven't got any Tardis, AF Oblitarate etc to hand :thumbs up:

Reactions: AlexA4Avant and scotty76
If you still can't shift it you could clay the glass or wirewool it

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Brake cleaner fluid works a treat on all things sticky and unwanted. Leaves no residue or anything :)

Brake cleaner fluid works a treat on all things sticky and unwanted. Leaves no residue or anything :)
This but be mega carefully not to spill any on the paintwork

Or a hairdryer and plastic blade, warm it up gently and it should come off.
Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Autoglym tar spot remover or a acetone free nail polish remover.

Thanks for the all of the advice, I actually ended up going with WD40 (as that's what I had in my garage) and it shifted it no problem. I cleaned the window thoroughly afterwards and then liberally applied the rain-x (just to be sure)

Reactions: scotty76 and AlexA4Avant
Just bill the council the cost of having your vehicle professionally cleaned to remove the glue....somewhere in the region of the cost of your ticket!

Reactions: AlexA4Avant