Removing overused dried in paint chip repair and a new scratch...

AJ91

Reaction score
Would love some help regarding this. Washed my car and noticed a new scratch in the clear coat which wasn't there last week.. a cat perhaps? No clue but damn annoying. Also noticed someone probably the owner before that has tried to repair a paint chip and overused the paint and not buffed it out. Only visible in a certain angle but still damn annoying. I tried chipex blending solution to get it off but it didn't work.. wet sand?
IMG 0123
IMG 0124

The car is 6 years old and it's probably the last time I buy a leased car because people don't care it seems. Gonna let a detailer polish the car professionally and ship it away after the summer.

Would IPA work on that paint chip repair?

Sounds like it's fully dry so doubt the IPA would do anything to it now. You get mini sanding blocks like the size of a finger tip be worth carefully using one of them to level it down then machine it.
Tape round the blob first to protect the original paint

Will try that this weekend. that thing is bothering me so much.

Will use wetsandpapper grit 3000 and then 5000 gently and then machine polish after.

Last edited:
Will do! going to try and get it sorted this Friday if the weather allows. I'm just having this car over the summer but I hope I can get them away and smooth with the rest of the panel, they stick out a lot on a sunny day especially if the car has a bit of dust on it. Next car im buying im bringing the flashlight and inspecting the paint properly.