Removing hardwater deposits after washing

funkycat

Reaction score
Hello, gave me new A4 a thorough clean yesterday, but found after wash, given its black, that there are hardwater deposits all over it. gave it a good going over with Meguiars NXT Polish, which did help quite alot, but there are still some stubborn markes left if you look closely.

Any suggestions on a surface treatment post wash and pre wax? Or has anyone tried Meguiars NXT car wash which claims to have hardwater combating properties?

Thanks

best results I always find is to dry the car with a deep pile towel as soon as poss after a wash or run over the car with some clay, try Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay which you can get frmo halfords or have a look at PolishedBliss website for some other clay options. also try and not wash in direct sunlight if this is not poss. or want a quick wash in sunlight, I've washing sections of the car and dried as I went round - this helped but is a pain.

as Enzo suggests, wash a section at a time if needs be. Always keep it well rinsed..

How are you rinsing the suds? What protection is the car currently wearing?

My way around water-spots is by sheeting the water over the bodypanels, rather than spraying/pressure washering (heh..)

If the car has a nice protective coat on, water shouldn't sit too well on the panels - which is good.

Take a look at this - info taken from a previous job on a Golf TDi:

DSC07315fb.jpg

Take a double ended socket, an additional connector (stop-valve of non stop-valve) and a stanley knife to cut a length of hose off.

Take one connector, plum it onto the hose reel and install double-ended socket. Likewise, attach other free connector and plug onto the free end of the double socket.

DSC07316fb.jpg
DSC07318fb.jpg

DSC07317fb.jpg
DSC07319fb.jpg

DSC07386.jpg

This stage alone will dramatically reduce the standing water therefore, reduce the amount of waterspots?! Hope this helps.

Excellent tips above, well done chaps. On non windy days, a quick detail wipe down after the bulk of the pat drying is done will also help to ensure water spots do not form. Meguiars Last Touch and our Deep Pile Luxury Buffing Towels are ideal for this. :icon_thumright: