Removing flat bottom wheel

A3jack

Reaction score
Hi lads, anyone have a guide on how to remove a flat bottom wheel? I had one fitted on my a5 and love it but need to adjust it as I don't think the guy lined the notches up correctly and it's doing my head in, if anyone had a guide it would be appreciated as I don't believe there held on by torx screws, cheers Jack

Here it is!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 207
The airbag is held in place with x2 torx, one either side of the steering wheel, they're at the back of the wheel and have plastic covers over them, just prise these out and unscrew each torx. The airbag can then be lifted out, it does have wires connected to it from the airbag harness, you'll see what I mean when you get to it.

The main steering wheel nut is behind all of this.

I disconnected the car battery prior to removing, as people had advised in info I got prior to removal. Suggest you google for more info on this.

JG

It's the new style wheel that so there are no screws holding the air bag in. Hard to explain but at the back of the wheel you should be able to feel two holes that have a metal clip in each hole. You need to push this clip with a flat head screwdriver for instance, towards the centre of the wheel, at the same time gently pull the airbag/ circular section of wheel towards you to release that side. Do the same on the other and the air bag will come out revealing a large torx bolt head. That will need loosening to be able to line up the wheel properly. Hope that makes sense. I'm pretty sure it's a size 54 torx you will need