Removing excess wax/polish

W55LSY

Reaction score
So, my recently purchased car has been waxed/polished so many times that rain literally falls off it it.

this isn’t such a bad thing, however I have marks on the bonnet I want to get to which look like tree sap maybe??

Is there a product available to remove the many layers of wax/polish so I can get down to business on the actual paint?

I’ve had a hunt online and so far come up with nowt....

cheers

Polish doesn't leave layers it's an abrasive to remove scratches in your clearcoat, wax does. To remove the wax you'd need to strip it off, a non-PH neutral shampoo would do it

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

So, my recently purchased car has been waxed/polished so many times that rain literally falls off it it.

this isn’t such a bad thing, however I have marks on the bonnet I want to get to which look like tree sap maybe??

Is there a product available to remove the many layers of wax/polish so I can get down to business on the actual paint?

I’ve had a hunt online and so far come up with nowt....

cheers
Rain literally falling off it means it's protected. Doesn't mean it's been waxed/polished so many times.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

If you are looking to remove tree sap, generally a tar and glue remover is the 1st step. CarPro TarX or Tardis is the stuff you want. You might try some WD40 though if you have it might save you a few pennies.

Removing wax/sealant in relation to tree sap doesn't really make sense, but if you are looking to strip off the protection a high alkaline all purpose cleaner will do it with a few passes. Bilt Hamber Surfex HD would be my choice. But if you are polishing/compounding you will remove the protection anyway.
Tree sap is actually aphid poo and usually can be removed with warm water and car shampoo - you may need to leave the wash mitt to give it time to soak before attempting to remove. Tree resin from pines definitely needs a tar remover .... don't ask me how I know the difference

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kakatk