Removing drivers side skirt

Ben shults

Reaction score
I need to take off my driver side skirt off my Audi s3 8p 3 door for paint!

Anyone shed any light I know there's plastic nuts underneath and pop clips on the front but how about where the sill joins the kick panel? Is it glued down?

Hello mate I took mine off for a good clean/polish as you say all you need to do is undo the plastic nuts underneath the skirt, remove the s3 kick panel bit inside the door (use a heat gun to soften the adhesive strips that run all along the kick panel) and underneath are a few screw and screw holders that need to be removed then once they're removed the rear of the skirt is just clipped in so pull it away and the skirt should come off.
If you're doing the small piece in front of the skirt as well there's a couple screws inside the wheel arch then you can remove that piece as well.

so remove the whole black plastic part? is it just stuck with double sided tape? and re useable after?

Yeah the whole black part, its just stuck down with adhesive tape but you'll need to run a heat gun or hairdryer over the areas i've circled if I remember correctly that's where the adhesive is as it's stuck down pretty hard, just need to be careful pulling it up as it bends quite easily and yeah you should be able to reuse it afterwards without putting new tape on it.

Attachments

• DSC_1644.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 656