1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Removing door cards - voids warranty?

n0derat Oct 22, 2020

1. n0derat

n0derat New Member

Hi,

So my 2020 s-line A4 after 10k km, and especially after last month driving in Italy on Tuscan roads, sounds like its falling apart. At least the interior. I even cannot comprehend going to the dealer and trying to explain all the rattles and buzzes. Not to mention, roads back in Warsaw, Poland are much better and I'll probably face the "cannot reproduce" response. I'm thinking about dealing with it myself one day, removing all panels and felt taping the hell out of anything suspicious, like i did with BMW F10 previously. Problem is, the F10 started rattling at about 90kkm and by then it was out of warranty. The A4 is almost new, received June. Will my actions void the warranty?

Many thanks,

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. spartacus 68

spartacus 68 Registered User

If you have warranty, then my advice is to use it. You're barely a year into ownership.

Removing the door cards is straight forward, but if you need to claim down the line then you run the risk if their technicians spot you've been there before them. If your mind is made up, then order spare plastic trim clips. Sometimes they lose their barbs regardless of whether you're using trim tools.

Also look at the wiring. Not been behind my doors on my B8, but sure B9 is the same, but suspect they'll have a plastic or foam membrane which is glued in position. Often you need to cut it to gain access to the internals.

4. WesT-gefül

WesT-gefül Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Whole topics on the rattles. My dealer just threw up their hands.