Removing bird poo

Jon B

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got a bit of a nightmare situation with my car. It is sat under a tree which some ravens etc have decided to take residence in this spring.

After only a week since cleaning the entire car is coated in bird poo and i’m finding it really difficult to remove.

Does anybody have any useful tips? No I can’t store the car elsewhere! :)

Cheers

I always use boiling water to remove and always keep babywipes in the boot for when I'm out and about..

A machine polish will help with the marks it leaves behind if left for a long period of time..

Reactions: Jon B
I normally take some tissues soak in apc or water and place it on the poo for about 5 mins or so, too soften it up. Then wipe it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Got a bit of a nightmare situation with my car. It is sat under a tree which some ravens etc have decided to take residence in this spring.

After only a week since cleaning the entire car is coated in bird poo and i’m finding it really difficult to remove.

Cheers
If you jump onto this forum HERE and use the search function (top right of the page) and put in "Bird Poo" a whole new world will open up :gun2:

John.

Reactions: michael A and TheStigOnline
Kitchen paper & a good soaking in hot water, place paper over bird poop & leave a few seconds then wipe it off & then go over the area with a microfibre cloth & quick detailing spray.

If it's covered in it, maybe a car cover will be better. There's a limit to the amount of crap that can be removed with kitchen towels before it get too much. But as above, I just soak a kitchen tissue in water, let it soak and wipe off. Don't wipe too hard, it sometimes has the consistency of a cutting paste.

Hi all,

Cheers

Shotgun for the birds and sends a message :sunglasses:

Failing that, park indoors of course :sweatsmile:

I parked in an underground carpark last week came back and the car was covered! Looked up and noticed the birds nest Doh!