Removing/adjusting rear wiper

khalil

Reaction score
hi all, can someone tell me how to remove the rear wiper, the wiper on my car seems to be sitting little below the rear glass, i did manage to pull the cap off, but didnt have a clue how to remove it so i could adjust it correctly,

I removed the cap, pulled out the jet & undid the nut (13mm?) i then soaked it with WD-40 for a bit & when I returned I wiggled the arm on the spline till it came off. You can buy tools that are like balljoint splitters too that would help. Prying with a screw driver is out due to the glass LOL

As he said, did this on my S3, PITA for sure, but will come of as per fronts aswell can be.

PS. Ewan get on msn for a minute please mate, need something of yer.

lmfao, dont worry he loves sheep not men (I hope)

sheep-costume.jpg

damn, I swear thats nate's twin

still having trouble removing the wiper, i undid the bolt , but the wiper dont come off, soaked it for 15 min with wd40, but it not coming loose at all, am i right in thinking that the noosle stays with the windscreen when the arm comes off? (red arrow) and that round metal ring stays with the wiper arm (green arrow)?
Graphic19.jpg

or does the whole metal thing inculding the nossle comes off with the wiper arm?

i'd be interested to know, mine has started hitting the paintwork now and has left a little mark. I tried the same as you but had no idea how it came off!

still having trouble removing the wiper, i undid the bolt , but the wiper dont come off, soaked it for 15 min with wd40, but it not coming loose at all, am i right in thinking that the noosle stays with the windscreen when the arm comes off? (red arrow) and that round metal ring stays with the wiper arm (green arrow)?

or does the whole metal thing inculding the nossle comes off with the wiper arm?

May I refer you to my previous post on the subject:

http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showpost.php?p=29693&postcount=2

Nozzle stays with the motor.

Its seized on, I would continue to soak with wd & keep trying to wedge it of, it will eventually go, just watch the glass obviously, but wiggle side to side, it will eventually come of, then when you refix clean up the rust with some antirust, stick some wd on the fixings, soak the nut in wd aswell, then clean up & grease the shaft before refitting so next time it comes of easier, done this before on my S3 & worked a treat every removal after no problem at all & the ring is a strengthening part for the plastic so it doesnt break, so it should stay with the arm as its not a seperate part according to etka aswell, just watch when sprayng over the fixings that the wd40 doesnt seep through into the rear door internals as it can be quite potent when in shut car & also get into the motor unit.

Its seized on, I would continue to soak with wd & keep trying to wedge it of, it will eventually go, just watch the glass obviously, but wiggle side to side, it will eventually come of, then when you refix clean up the rust with some antirust, stick some wd on the fixings, soak the nut in wd aswell, then clean up & grease the shaft before refitting so next time it comes of easier, done this before on my S3 & worked a treat every removal after no problem at all & the ring is a strengthening part for the plastic so it doesnt break, so it should stay with the arm as its not a seperate part according to etka aswell, just watch when sprayng over the fixings that the wd40 doesnt seep through into the rear door internals as it can be quite potent when in shut car & also get into the motor unit.
thanks mate will keep trying, its just the damn thing is stuck on solid, by me keep wiggling it it wouldnt break the wiper motor or something wouldnt it?

The danger with being too rough would be to the glass around the hole I'd imagine. How are you wiggling it? Side to side as per its normal sweep or in and out kinda towards yourself with the blade pointing towards yourself? The latter is how I got mine off.

This is true, no good wiggling with wiper motion, needs to be towards you & then down towards glass as Ew says, wont come of otherwise, but this is obvious to anyone, we'd hope anyway, just watch the glass, I would also whilst pulling towards you get some plyers or grips on the wiper, other side opposite to where you're holding & use this to try & prise the damn thing of, might help stop any possibility of glass being damaged