1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Remove Chrome Coloured Plastic Rings from S1 Grille

lfcrule1972 Apr 5, 2017

1. lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972 Winter is coming...

Hi all

Is there an easy way to remove the chrome coloured Audi rings from the S1 grille ?

I have a matt black replacement and can see all the clip locations but am not sure the best way to remove the original without causing damage to the grille.

I have bought a trim removal kit that has lots of plastic wedges etc so I'll use that once delivered if there isn't an easier way.

Thanks

203132 likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. lfcrule1972

So I solved this myself :)

Very thin metal blade inserted inside the outermost ring at about 4 o'clock on the clock face and then used the plastic trim pullers to lever the clips out, repeated as necessary on the opposite side outer ring and then it was off

4. willh92

willh92 Registered User

You got any pics of these black rings? Keen to do this myself, and wouldn't mind seeing it done on another black S1 first ..

Have you done the rear rings too?

Cheers.

5. lfcrule1972

I haven't taken pics yet but will do so over the weekend, I have also bought the rear rings in matt black but need to get the boot lid marked off to ensure I stick the new ones on straight and in the middle :)

The rears are a little bit smaller so it's not a straight remove and swap

willh92 likes this.
  6. lfcrule1972

Pleased with the matt black rings

Attached Files:

willh92 likes this.