Removal of avant load cover?

wafers

Reaction score
Am I being a plum, or is it not particularly obvious how to remove the load cover which secures onto the back of the rear seats in my 2003 avant? Sorry, not sure on the proper name for the unit!

Nice one matey, will give that a go when drag my **** out of bed in a mo!

It's a PITA the way it works! I regularly use my boot for tip trips, and every time I do I have to remove the child seat, put both rear seats down, slide out the cover, put the single one back up and fasten in the child seat. I wish it would come out with the seats still upright, it would be so much easier!

I use mine all the time, except when the dogs on board! Keep the load cover over for the privacy and the blind up to match the rear window blinds and help reduce glare from lights behind at night.

I use mine loads too, especially when out with the family as we need loads of bags and leave stuff in the boot etc. I agree that it's very heavy though, it shocked me when I first removed it just how much it weighed.

it must act as a counter weight for the engine give it a 50/50 split on the wheels :jump:

it must act as a counter weight for the engine give it a 50/50 split on the wheels :jump:

i took mine out the day i bought the car and will put it back the day i sell the car . i never leave anything in the boot but the way i see it is if its pulled over scrotes may think there is something worth smashing your window for plus its quite heavy for what it is

Absolutely, leave it closed and thieves think you've got valuables in the boot, leave it open and you might as well remove it - totally pointless

As others have said, shocked at the weight of it! Sod getting the engine remapped - just leave the load cover out!!

Absolutely, leave it closed and thieves think you've got valuables in the boot, leave it open and you might as well remove it - totally pointless

True, but when you have kids you have a whole load of stuff that you usually leave in the boot. I know that having the cover over may attract a certain youthful person to get inquisitive, but it's the best of a bad situation.

I agree though, it's far too heavy. I plan on getting the windows tinted at some point, which will add a bit of privacy.

As others have said, shocked at the weight of it! Sod getting the engine remapped - just leave the load cover out!!

I know this is an old thread and it is pointless me replying but I just had to say I actually laughed out loud when I read this :).

Reactions: fanta