Remote Start

transponder must be hiden near ignition barrel to fool it therfore you now only have 1 immob

Its illegal to leave any car running unattended in this country too, and i'm sure its illegal to leave it idling while parked, even if your in it.

Thats highway code rule 123. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Highwaycode/DG_070304

As i say, its bad for the engine, and could net you a nice fine, not to mention wasting petrol. If its a bit cold, stick a pair of gloves on for the first 5 minutes of driving until the car warms up.

In the city centre of Sunderland there's a whole load of taxi cabs leaving their cars running while waiting to pick up passengers. I walk past their taxi rank very often and they always leave the cars running in stationary. I don't understand how this law don't apply to them. At work, I've come across people lunching in their cars with the engine running, heater on to keep them warm during winter. :cold:

well just because somethings illegal doesnt stop people doing it, be it speeding, letting your engine idle, or injecting narcotics...

I'm surprised at the cabbies though, most round this way shut their motors off if they're waiting any length of time, fuel costs far to much to waste idling away in a taxi rank...