Remote Sim Enabled

MAD4J

Reaction score
Hi, when I connect my Galaxy S6 edge To my mmi via booth, it then disables use of the sim while in the phone, for instance if I'm parked up and want to send a text it won't do it until I disconnect it from the mmi and just says "not registered on network" on the phone.

Is there a way around this, it's not a massive issue but thought I'd ask.

Cheers..

Latest annoyance with it is people have text me but it has gone through to the MMI and not my phone and therefore I don't even know that I've had a text.. Any way to disable the text part?

Anyone else suffered this issue? Would an upgrade of my MMI help?

You have 2 modes with the MMI. Bluetooth and remote SIM. If you have remote SIM, the car owns the SIM whilst it is attached, so you get the behaviour noted. If you set it to bluetooth, you use the car for audio alone (like if you had a bluetooth headset), and the 'phone retains ownership of the SIM. Those are your choices....

Hi, thanks for the reply but I only have Bluetooth and this automatically sets it to Remote Sim.. I can't see any other option for phone connections..

To change it, is a question of messing with the MMI settings somewhere... Not got a manual close to hand at the moment, but it is the phone connection type.

OK, thanks I will have another look tomorrow to see what I can find. Thank you for your help.

Cheers..

Hi arad, just to say thanks for your help, I've managed to connect it now, took ****** ages to connect but got there in the end.

Cheers..

MAD4J could you say what you did to resolve the issue? cheers