Remote locking key fob playing up....

Jay85

Reaction score
Had an issue with the remote locking. Eventually had to get in and out with the key in the door.
replaced key fob batteries and all was good for about a week, and now and again the fob doesn't seem to unlock or lock the car when I request it to.
just wanting to know if there is another fault down the line that needs rectifying. Receiver fault? Faulty key fob? Or an item of some sort, blocking the signal sent from the fob to the receiver? (wherever the receiver is located lol)
Thanks guys

I bent the little prongs slightly so they hold the battery that little bit tighter and touch wood it seems ok again now until later lol... When it will play up...

The intermittent nature of your problem would certainly not rule out some chaffed wiring between your door and pillar. The wiring can be inspected by pulling back a rubber gator of sorts, but do follow the wiring as far back as you can to check for signs of breakage.

Having similar problem at the mo, The doors dont always lock and the alarm doesnt always set, also the button in the drivers door pocket to disable the alarm wont work, which isn't handy with a puppy in the car.... Gonna drop it at audi for a couple hours on tuesday, will let u know what they say

Mine has packed up altogether twice now in the last 2 - 3 years, and has needed to be recoded for £40 at the dealers, no idea why, just did..
The buttons in the keyfob are a little worn, not sure if this has any bearing on it, and the fob battery is good.

They also reported that there were numerous fault codes stored, but wouldn't say what, scanned a while back myself and none present!! Mongrels..

You can buy the repair buttons on eBay m8 for a few quid I done mine