Remote Key Fob not working intermittently

ryno1

Reaction score
Started happening a few days ago, now it's happening at least once every day. Car won't unlock, but here's the baffling part - when I open the drivers door with the key, and put the key into the ignition, first position, it seems to re-pair with the car and then works remotely again for the rest of the day.

If it was remote fob battery, I wouldn't expect this reset procedure to have any effect.

Car battery was replaced for a new premium one about 6 months ago after having the car not start after leaving at an airport. This dead battery problem has happened once since the replacement too so there must be some kind of battery drain going on somewhere, wondering if it's the RNSe (2010)

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same issue sometimes, assumed it was the fob battery.

Not had time to get it replaced yet ...

I'm having the same problem as well, drives me nuts! I haven't had a chance to change my battery yet, may do that this weekend and see if it solves the issue.

I too have precisely the exact same issue as described guys.

I've been told its almost definitely the key fob battery. When i change it, I will report back..

Reactions: Sean_
I too have precisely the exact same issue as described guys.

I've been told its almost definitely the key fob battery. When i change it, I will report back..

I'll do the same hopefully this weekend. What battery do we need as a replacement? Hoping it is the battery as this would be the cheapest option :whistle2:

Changed the battery in my FOB last night, still nothing! Raging! :(

Was the correct battery and all, flash was there on the FOB but still nothing. What else could it be?

I've been thinking more about this and it's more likely it'll be a loose connection in the key fob, it's the only explanation as to why after unlocking with the key and putting in the ignition, it 'pairs' with the car again and works until the contact with the battery is lost for long enough to lose the memory and require re pairing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Sucks Sean.

Now I am baffled and I dont know what it could be.

I need to change both batteries. Key fob and Car battery. So am hoping complete swap of both will help.

If any of you with this issue have a spare remote key does it do the same? That would help rule the keys out. And if you done... get a spare!!!

Thanks for the test suggestion.

Unfortunately, I do not have a spare.

I took on the project of 'making my own' but have shelved this since and would rather get a pro like you involved.

Separate subject and appolgies for the thread hijack but..

I have a random ebay audi key shell cut by hand by a locksmith to the same pattern as my key. No internals yet. Circuitry, battery or transponder chip.

Is it best to hand over to you for a paid service or..start from scratch and just get you involved haha?

Strangely enough, when I replaced the battery and it didn't work I then reverted to my old battery as it was a Duracell and the other was not and now my central locking from the FOB now works.. hopefully i haven't jinxed it but its working for now. Hopefully it stays that way.

An odd one that!

Fingers crossed it stays yeah. Unfortunately, with electonics there is no such thing as magic.

Mine is the same. I changed the battery but I get the same behaviour. Interestingly when I changed the battery again it worked the first time but then went intermittent again.

My 2006 A4 B7 Avant has just started to do this. Two fobs with new batteries and the little red light flashes so I know it's not the fobs. If I unlock with key then put key in ignition and turn ignition on then all the other doors unlock and then the fob works. Get out lock car with fob, all good, come back a few hours later and it's doing the same.
I see alot having same problem but can't find a fix, one guy said slam the doors as worked for him, did this and no different.

Has anyone resolved this please

Thanks