Remote key fob dead

dan_b

Reaction score
Website
www.vasarisingers.org
Seems like a silly question, but one of my key fobs now doesn't unlock remotely. I presume the battery is flat - just took said key apart and no sign of how to access/ replace the battery. Any advice, surely I can replace it without having to back to a stealer? :scared2:

Separate the button section from the flip key.

You'll see a seam that runs all the way round the button part about 1/3 in from back side of the part.

Prise apart the section by pulling apart the sides where the flip key rests. This only requires finger force. The batteries are held in the back cover.

You need two flat lithium batteries but I can't remember the code at the moment. Once done, you'll need to synchronise the key with the car again. The instructions are in the manual. If you need them, let me know and I'll post them on here.

HTH

Don't know how old your car is but one of mine went dead in previous car it was 18 months old at the time and dealer replaced battery free of charge 2nd key went dead after about 2 years replacement was about 4 quid.

@Macduff - cheers, I'll take another look.
Info on how to re-synch would be helpful, the manual is in an as-yet unpacked since moving house box somewhere...

Using the keyfob that needs synchronising.

- If the car is locked, unlock using the key in the drivers door

- Press the unlock button on the remote

- Put the key in the ignition and switch on.

- Switch off the ignition. Remove the key

- Press either lock or unlock on the remote

Should do the trick as it worked for me a couple of weeks ago.