Remote fob doesn't open drivers door?

SNRTBH

Reaction score
I have a 2007 a3 2.l TDI quattro 5 door. My remote key fob locks all doors and the boot, but the remote will not open the drivers door, all the other doors & boot open via the remote fob, but I have to use the key to open drivers door every single time.
HELP!!!!!! Any ideas guys, other than having to buy a new drivers door lock?
I have tried a new battery and still no joy

I’ll start...
Open door and check wiring in black tubing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SNRTBH
As above, check the door hinge rubber for broken wires.

Just a thought if u have 2 keys try the other before you check for wires

If it isn’t the wiring or the key it might be the lock.
If it is the lock they aren’t expensive and fairly easy to fit.
My O/S/R lock went last January and I fitted a s/h Genuine one as I didn’t want to pay the £100 or so for a Genuine item...
My mistake as that failed in October .
I bought a Chinese repro one this time and so far it’s been great .
They were both around the same price (£30) so wish I’d gone for the repro from the start ...time will tell if this one lasts the course....

Unfortunately, I only have 1 key. I was thinking of buying a repro lock so tks for the heads up on them being reliable

If one key opens 3 doors but not one, then a 2nd won't help anyway.

It's more than likely the wiring in the hinge or the lock itself, both common issues.

.....and if it is the lock do it sooner rather than later whilst the internal release lever still works.
Once the lock fails totally you’ll be looking at destroying the door card in-situ to allow you to open the door to change the lock.
Edit, I see that it’s the drivers lock so you can at least use the key in the lock barrel to unlock ,so you can ignore what I’ve just posted ,LOL.
For all the other doors though, once a lock starts playing up it’s a race against time to change it before it fails totally....