Remote exhaust valve controller for S3

Markb

Reaction score
From what I have seen there are a few options: Cete Automotive Active Valve Control AVC-S3-RS3-8V, ASR RX1 AUDI, AWE Remote kit

I am swaying towards the Cete Automotive Active Valve Control AVC-S3-RS3-8V as it just plugs into the loom is controlled via the drive select / traction control switch and no separate remote.

What are people’s thoughts? As they are expensive units. Are they worthwhile?

Any other input on this? As I want to be able to switch between Open (overriding any drive selections) and Auto (governed by the drive mode). Also I want the wiring in the car not something that attaches under the car.

Have a look at these threads before you decide on CETE.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...ake-into-consideration-before-you-buy.418244/

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/cete-valve-control-issues-anyone-else.413367/

ASR is another available option, with or without remote, though I can't really understand why anyone would want a remote control?

https://asr-component.de/61-rs3-8v-vfl

Best option: Have the car re-mapped and the valve function programmed to work as it should.

Thanks for the reply. I am suitably put off the CETE kit now!

In regards to the ASR kit do you need to use the remote or can it be controlled via the drive select / traction control like the CETE?

Finally my car is an S3 on stage one. Can it be changed via mapping?

Thanks

I am on Revo stage 1 and in Dynamic it is louder on start up and past a certain RPM so it sounds like it hasn’t been changed. This is the reason why I was looking at getting a kit.

My only gripe with the ASR is the fact that when you floor it even when the valves are shut, the valves won’t override and open. Makers of these controllers such as kufatec and bull-x (for the rs3 at least) program in an override even when you’ve shut the flaps to open when you use 70% throttle or use kickdown.

They even come with a bluetooth app to set if you want valves to open at certain speeds and at which RPM.

I've got the ASR RX2 and couldn't be happier. Install needs a little effort, but nothing too hard for the average bloke. Valves open 100% of the time and with added memory for the auto start/stop, it's a simple install, set and forget.

I’ve got the CETE on my PFL RS3.
Never missed a beat, best mod i’ve done.

Reactions: JM 772
I’ve had a WTB up for a while, being Scottish I can’t bring myself to open my wallet for a £400 box of wires. So if you’re serious it seems you have to stump up the pound notes.

I’ve got the CETE on mine as well. Had a slight hiccup when I first had it but it’s been spot on since. Nice tidy install and all operated from the switches already in the car, I like not having a separate remote. A bit pricey but its made a big difference to the noise on my GPF RS3

Reactions: Luiggi and Marky79
From what I have seen there are a few options: Cete Automotive Active Valve Control AVC-S3-RS3-8V, ASR RX1 AUDI, AWE Remote kit

I am swaying towards the Cete Automotive Active Valve Control AVC-S3-RS3-8V as it just plugs into the loom is controlled via the drive select / traction control switch and no separate remote.

What are people’s thoughts? As they are expensive units. Are they worthwhile?

Any other input on this? As I want to be able to switch between Open (overriding any drive selections) and Auto (governed by the drive mode). Also I want the wiring in the car not something that attaches under the car.

Are you still wanting one of these? I have one from automotive passion with 2 remotes for sale. Text me 07940109102 if interested.