Remote control

Abi

Reaction score
Hi all,,
My remote control started playing up occasionally then the other morning refused to open/close the vehicle. Luckily I have a spare key/remote, I’ve now changed the battery but it’s still not working, I’ve tried to synchronise it to the car but nothing. The light on the remote is flashing and a new battery fitted. Any ideas? Do the remotes fail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to be experiencing the same so here I am, hoping for some clues just like Abi above. Thank you.

Me too - batteries are replaced in both remotes but sometimes it just won’t lock or unlock. A retry, or a longer push on the remote seems to work. I’m hoping it’s nothing to do with the immobiliser. Following this with interest...

Gonna try and reprogram the remote via VCDS, just need to remember how, did it years ago on my VW Polo
Would appreciate it if anyone can refresh my memory

Cheers for that, I’ll give it a go over next few days depending on work

Hey I’m not sure if that Ross tech post will actually work for your 8P. Depending on the age of your vehicle you’ll need to do the following:

2004-2010

Go to convenience ecu (46)
Adaption channel 0 (remote erasing) test and save,
Adaption channel 1 (add remotes) enter the number of remotes I think it’s 7 max. Test and save.

Then ignition off and pull the key out then press a button on each remote you need to program. If successful then the indicators will blink after you’ve pressed the button.

2010-2012

Same procedure just go into 09.

If you’re unsure which you have go into 09 and if the part number in the info screen has 063 at the end before the letter it’s 09 if it’s 279 then it’s 46.

7! I thought you could only have 2 keys coded to the car. At least that’s what I was told when I enquired about a new key and getting any old ones deleted.

7! I thought you could only have 2 keys coded to the car. At least that’s what I was told when I enquired about a new key and getting any old ones deleted.

Nah mate I’ve got 5 on mine lol. It’s 7 or 8 can’t remember the exact number

Hey I’m not sure if that Ross tech post will actually work for your 8P. Depending on the age of your vehicle you’ll need to do the following:

2004-2010

Go to convenience ecu (46)
Adaption channel 0 (remote erasing) test and save,
Adaption channel 1 (add remotes) enter the number of remotes I think it’s 7 max. Test and save.

Then ignition off and pull the key out then press a button on each remote you need to program. If successful then the indicators will blink after you’ve pressed the button.

2010-2012

Same procedure just go into 09.

If you’re unsure which you have go into 09 and if the part number in the info screen has 063 at the end before the letter it’s 09 if it’s 279 then it’s 46.

Thanks, mines a 2010 model so could be either then, I will have a look when I plug it in next few days.

Thanks, mines a 2010 model so could be either then, I will have a look when I plug it in next few days.

Yeah man to be fair once you plug in and select 09 you’ll see the remote erase and programming in the drop down tab.

Reactions: Abi

Yeah man to be fair once you plug in and select 09 you’ll see the remote erase and programming in the drop down tab.

Thanks for all your help folks, my remote control has been successfully reprogrammed to my car via VCDS.
I deleted all keys then reprogrammed them both.
Cheers

Reactions: samuelh_888 and No more
Hey no problem always happy to help glad it’s sorted

Reactions: ahtcap and Abi
Thanks for all your help folks, my remote control has been successfully reprogrammed to my car via VCDS.
I deleted all keys then reprogrammed them both.
Cheers

What vcds are you using? Have the same problem with both my keys. No battery changes have helped, having to unlock manually and then the alarm going off until I put the key in the ignition is wearing thin now. Also I have been opening the boot just to avoid the alarm going off.

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

What vcds are you using? Have the same problem with both my keys. No battery changes have helped, having to unlock manually and then the alarm going off until I put the key in the ignition is wearing thin now. Also I have been opening the boot just to avoid the alarm going off.

What do you mean by what vcds? The Ross Tec one. If that helps

What do you mean by what vcds? The Ross Tec one. If that helps

Yes sorry, I wasn't too specific there. I borrowed a friends code reader in the past but he's moved away now so looking to buy one for myself so I can sort a few problems out.

When I search for ross tech on amazon it comes up with this. Is this the one you're using?
c447a3dceafc98458347063febe89883.jpg

Yes sorry, I wasn't too specific there. I borrowed a friends code reader in the past but he's moved away now so looking to buy one for myself so I can sort a few problems out.

When I search for ross tech on amazon it comes up with this. Is this the one you're using?
c447a3dceafc98458347063febe89883.jpg

Not used a Carista before but I think they are subscription based. If I were you I’d look at a vcds cable from Ross Tech I’m pretty sure Nigel NHN on here can sort you out. I’d also strongly advise against going for clone or copied cables I’ve seen what they can do to vehicles and it’s not pretty or cheap to put right after

Not used a Carista before but I think they are subscription based. If I were you I’d look at a vcds cable from Ross Tech I’m pretty sure Nigel NHN on here can sort you out. I’d also strongly advise against going for clone or copied cables I’ve seen what they can do to vehicles and it’s not pretty or cheap to put right after

To be fair mine is not the genuine cable/software, had it for about 5 years with no issues at all and used it on my girlfriend’s A3 and mine.

Gendan sell in the U.K. Carista won’t work for the resetting of the key fob.