remaps...whos the best?

Rav, MIJ are supposed to be really good, there is someone on the forum called Mazzy, he has a yellow S3, well dont know if he still has it as its up for sale, he works there, so maybe worth speaking to him, as coming from a VERY CLEAN S3 background, he maybe able to point you in the right direction.

Hi can you guys help me? I bought a S3 about a month ago and was told it was remapped, but i don't think it's a particularly good one, boost doesn't kick in till 3200rpm ish and is gone by 5000, I've had it on the rolling road at AMD it only come up with 227bhp and 255 torque but when they drove it they said it goes much better than the stats might say, but my torque curve is not so good, bit stuttery and not as sharp rise as it should , plus I've been up against my friend with a remapped S3 and theres nothing really in it, which incidentally he had his map done at AMD, so he phoned them up and asked why his car is not whooping the *** of a 227bhp S3 and they said in so many words there rolling road was **** and it not a true outcome. Anyway i want a new remap and was thinking of revo 5 hr test but when the time is up will i lose my map which is on there? will it go back to standard 210bhp?? Not sure really what to!!!

id say that it would revert to their standard map which is slower than standard (from what i have read), i think they have to wipe all existing data and replace with their own......

If you car is already remapped then the ECU Code has changed from stock. So when the dealer Revo's your car, he won't be able too. As he will be trying to write to a stock code which you haven't got. However if they are able to attain the ECU serial number then they can trawl through their 'stock list' and find it - so they can upload the stock code back and then Revo it for the 5 hour trial. However like 1animal1 has said it would have wiped the previous remap and reverted to the Revo stock code once the trial is over.

If there saying there rolling road is s**t and not accurate, and you keep up with a mapped AMD S3 whats the problem?

Just another point of view... i had CC done on my Cupra R. and it was such a smooth mapp. no kick like the Revo. it was just smooth throughout.. it depends what the driver likes ? if u like a big kick then somthing like a Revo is good. if u like power to be qual throughout then CC is the way to go!

Just so you're aware with Revo you can actually set it up to run either characturistic... lower boost, higher timing will give you a smooth progressive drive, higher boost, lower timing will give you more of a kick!

bearing in mind that i have just read Glen's thread on power figs....what would be the antisipated BHP at the wheels for an average S3 map...revo/CC....

If there saying there rolling road is s**t and not accurate, and you keep up with a mapped AMD S3 whats the problem?

Because the one that is on there doesn't deliver the power smoothly, and the chap at AMD suggested that who ever put the map on didn't get a very good one. The torque curve rises nice and steeply till about 2000rpm then goes flat , starts pull gently again at about 2600 then goes mad at 3200 and then it gone again by 4500. Correct me if I'm wrong but surly the turbo shouldn't be coming in at 3200 ant then gone again by 4500rpm??

Ive posted a photo feel free to comment

[URL=http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=27032008021et8.jpg][/URL]

Get custom code then, that delivers smooth from 1-6k

I feel a CC Vs Revo duel coming soon Kiteyboy ;-)

Where can you get CC done? i live in Ipswich, Suffolk, and how much are they?? I was thinking about waiting to get the sports cats and a miltek system then having it fitted and mapped in one. Also can any one get a picture of there rolling road session put up so i can see??

Where can you get CC done? i live in Ipswich, Suffolk, and how much are they?? I was thinking about waiting to get the sports cats and a miltek system then having it fitted and mapped in one. Also can any one get a picture of there rolling road session put up so i can see??

They have a service where they come to your house and give you it... they give you a remap after too.

They have a service where they come to your house and give you it... they give you a remap after too.

Sounds good if your that way inclined, you must have been very pleased with your map!