remaps...whos the best?

S3 Rav

Reaction score
Hi all got a revo remap on my s3 but have read alot recently about custom code being the ********. does anyone have any preferences and why?

Personally if you have a remap already be it a Revo map i wouldnt bother going custom-code as you already have a remap.

If your going stage 2 or above then maybe custom-code is the way to go?

Do you find the revo map aggressive?

J

Hi, Im currently awaiting a remap on mine either going CC or Revo, Alot of people on this forum have CC and prefer it because of the linear power delivery as opposed to Revo's :::nothing:::pOWER::nothing.

Im guessing it's down to how you drive your car, if you like the shunt up the backside then you wouldn't like CC but if you do then stick with your Revo. Im swaying towards CC purely because it seems to be sensible for normal driving and it doesn't die at the end of the revs.

What is your opinion on Revo seen as you have it?

the revo like eveyone knows is very aggressive. great if your cruising on the street and someone gives it the beans or on the motorway but not so good i suppose when ur driving in london trafic. slow driving almost becomes difficult. good fun though! custom code seem to know their stuff aswell though just thinking in terms of future performance upgrades.

What is the power band from and to on yours?

not 100% sure to be honest mate all i know the max bhp is bout 265 and torque about 270, kicks in very early id say about 2000 rpm to about 5000 mayb

kiteyboy how do you find the revo? have you bin in a cc s3

Nobody had CC on their S3 until I came along. Does that make me the Messiah?

taking u really liked it then. still the same wow affect now?

Revo's :::nothing:::pOWER::nothing.

lol.....

Only if its set up that why buy the dealer !

Revo can be set up by the dealer or by u using a select + swicth .

SO you dont have to have it aggressive.

I see, So the same power can be delivered but more evenly? Like CC?

My mate with an Ibiza Cupra has the Revo SPS3 and it is impressive what you can do with it, you can adjust all manner of settings to suit your driving style. I was tempted by Revo SPS as you can use the device to set it back to stock which can be useful if you let the missus drive it or need to take it in for a service. My mate swears by it and after driving it on various settings it does show you can tweak it to how you want; he has it on '7' but that meant all his hoses blew off!!! His own fault as he didn't secure them down well enough. You can do the same with CC, they have a program you can download to your laptop which you can then upload your bespoke settings by your VAG cable to the S3; depending how brave you are and how well you know the settings you choose. I do think the SPS is a 'neater' way of adjusting rather than the CC way plus it is handy to have in your car to change as and when.

Oh... and Aky :anbet:

Kiteyboy said:
I def recommend revo and sprint booster. If you are in the Milton Keynes area at weekends give me a shout and I will take you for a spin.

thanks, if im around ill let you know. does it add more power or just the delivery with the sprint booster?

I think we need to be careful when tuners map to give aggressive delivery.
My car before the gt28 kit was remapped by Jabbasport.

I was getting 276 bhp, and 301 lb ft torque. It felt good.
However, when the old K04 came off during the BT conversion, the housing had a crack all the way through it. Mark (Backdraft) suggested that it was running too hot.

Just something you should think about when getting large bhp/torque figures from a remap. You're probably reducing the turbo lifespan.

Thats whats so good about our's it can be set up ..

Not just a plug and play !

once the revo map is on, is it still possible to re write the map?

Just asking because of the issues off the free trial, and not being able to write over it apparently? any one shed some light?

Ive got the revo sps and i have run it on Timing 7 Boost 9 right from a few days after i got it. (after logging CF's etc..) Pretty aggressive but i dont do too much town driving. aggressive = more fun to me!!

c16wko said:
once the revo map is on, is it still possible to re write the map?

Just asking because of the issues off the free trial, and not being able to write over it apparently? any one shed some light?
What happens is revo overwrites the Audi Map and replaces it with the revo free trial, however after the 5 hour drive time the Audi map does not return, instead the revo map just reverts to their equivilant of the Audi map.

Depite what people say thats the Revo stock map is the same as the Audi map let me tell you its not. I had the revo trial and my temp sender went unfortunately during getting the trial put on my ECU, This was nothing to do with revo it was just conicidence let me make that clear :)

So the whole time I had the trial I drove it like a grandad never going over 3k, I had the temp sender changed ( by this time 5 hr drive time was long gone) and began to drive my car normally and I noticed a definite decrease in power and the way it was delivered, People told me "well its going to feel slower you just had the free trial" but how can this be when throughout the free trial I never drove above 3k so did not experience the "extra power"

Now this is not to put you off revo because im sure you will like revo if you had the trial, however if you decide not to go with revo afterwards you will be left with a slower car and other tuning companies might have problems removing the revo code.

Before you Pro revo bandits start nagging ive got nothing against revo and its still a possibilty that I will go with them but this is my experience of my revo trial which im entitled to share. :nyah:

Im a fan of the MTM maps, all depends on your setup tho

Custom codes have been popular with the 20vt Mk2 Golf Gayboys for a while

grathies said:
Im a fan of the MTM maps, all depends on your setup tho

Custom codes have been popular with the 20vt Mk2 Golf Gayboys for a while

Coming from a guy who wants to shove wasps up his ****....:moa:

Aky said:
Nobody had CC on their S3 until I came along. Does that make me the Messiah?

are you sure about that Aky??

nobody but ........

DaveMk... Now this is not to put you off revo because im sure you will like revo if you had the trial, however if you decide not to go with revo afterwards you will be left with a slower car and other tuning companies might have problems removing the revo code.

When any car is flashed by revo it can be flashed over buy any revo dealer ,Audi and any other good tuners !!
People like custom code Amd ect will be able to flash over revo if not flash a stock file back in then there file

Some of the cheaper chip tuners will just read ur ecu , as they have to send it away to get tuned. etc etc
If they read it after having the 5 hour's free on, Then there reading a revo stock code NOT slower just stock code ....

All our dealers have the tools to flash a O.E map back to your car..

So if you have a revo trial and ur going to get it mapped by some one else . See if they can flash ur ecu or read it !

Dave if i was you go back to VAG tech get the car flashed the 5 hour's again and see what u think..

thank s

is it possible to re-do a remap to make it custom or to add the switch if a cars already been remapped?

S3 Rav said:
is it possible to re-do a remap to make it custom or to add the switch if a cars already been remapped?

Who's map is on the car ?

Yes no worrys !

Go to any REVO dealer and get them to check the setting or Get a Select + swicth and have a play ur self ....

:icon_thumright:

how much approx would it cost for them to check and get the switch etc

its down to each dealer really .. but the swich is 249+ vat ,

thanks Mike

Any time ..

what car is it ?
what fuel ??
any other bolt on parts ???

its a 2000 x reg audi s3 revo to approx 265.
at present its not fully functioning....feels like im loosing boost but bin so busy with work so not been able to get to the bottom of it. basically its feeling like a standard s3. checked on a general dignostic and hasnt come up with anything. have had a quick look at the pipes and not found any splits. things iv gotta do are change clutch switch check MAF and mayb dumpv valve currently forgee 007p. sound like im missing anything.. no other mods as yet..would love to but gotta sort this out first. looking to possibly take it to MIJ performance in wolverhampton..you heard of it, they deal with revo there i th8ink

Just another point of view... i had CC done on my Cupra R. and it was such a smooth mapp. no kick like the Revo. it was just smooth throughout.. it depends what the driver likes ? if u like a big kick then somthing like a Revo is good. if u like power to be qual throughout then CC is the way to go!