Remapping?

xdanpee

Reaction score
What gains would I see from getting 1.8t remapped and is it worth it?

Yes definitely worth it just make sure you go to a reputable tuner and not some cowboy. I have had a few cars mapped and the difference over stock is night and day even with no mods. Most of the time people with have some mods like bigger intake pipes cone filters etc etc which when you go custom over generic will see better gains

I would recommend it! As said above ^^^ Take it to someone that knows what they are doing...
Where are you?

Teeside/ North East, got a quote of 145£ I don't know about prices or anything

R tech are in Leicester and badger5 are in stonehouse both a trek but I would rather travel the distance and do it right first time round you hear so many horror stories "took my car to get mapped by a bloke with a laptop on his drive now the car won't start" it's really not worth it iirc for a good reputable tuner is the above mentioned £300ish

Reactions: Clart
Tbh the lad seems new and has loads of people with good reviews on his page, anyone know anymore local or not as far

I have no experience with anything other than custom but you might be able to find an apr or revo dealer abit closer to you

Tbh the lad seems new and has loads of people with good reviews on his page, anyone know anymore local or not as far
Will he do a smoke test on your car? Does he have a rolling road?

See this is why I'm glad your here! I don't know I'll have to ask the questions, thank you very much, really want it doing soon

Reactions: Clart
That sounds waaaaaay too cheap, be surprised if he has a dyno at that price

Like I said I don't have any idea what prices would be, anyone had there's done? And price was it?

My stage 1 was custom £250, that included smoke test, general health check, dyno run before and after. Wouldn't go anywhere near a "tuner" without a rolling road.

Where are you from? There seem to be a few online that have rolling road and do smoke test but gunna have to read more into them

I'm from Derby and have always used CC tuning in Burton, Chris is a great guy and really knows his 1.8t's. Bit far for you though, I don't know the tuners near you (other than the likes of revo etc) to recommend unfortunately.

Just want someone who knows what there doing and like previous not just plugging something in and saying it works

Where are you from? There seem to be a few online that have rolling road and do smoke test but gunna have to read more into them
Not entirely true' we also don't have a rolling road as of yet due to purchase costs, to be honest most people if not nearly all just use them to show the results of the tune, unless you doing some thing big powered etc then they will use an emulator , we are North East based ' Peterlee co' Durham and could offer our services.

Tuning older cars without a rolling road is foolish imo... older cars NEED to be logged in VCDS to be able to get the best out of them and to make sure they are a stable enough platform to accept tuning.. applying any map on an older car without at least testing it and doing logging is bonkers... they are not used just to show before and after runs they are an essential part of tuning older cars...

Engine wear and the range of mods on older cars like ours means that the dyno is used more for diagnosis than just for dyno runs... anyone that tells you different clearly doesn't have the experience to be able to know how problematic these cars can be... no one car is the same

A dyno is not just for those with emulators and you can custom map without using an emulator... doesn't matter what level of modification you are on, a custom map plus logging/diagnosis is a must for these cars these days

<tuffty/>

Know anyone who has one by any chance :blush:

Road logging is fine as long as you can find somewhere to do it safely...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps
Know it doesn't actually but we give the car a look over obviously, if we think there's a problem we will do one, it doesn't include oil change' compression tests, de cokes and so on either, they are an extra service ;) I can't be responsible for the condition of customers cars unfortunately. But if there is a problem you would be aware, not getting dragged into the merry go round like these post go, on high boost cars etc we recommend using malikor clamps etc you have to draw the fine line some where, and there's only So much responsibility you can take, the customer has to take the rest, how many people who run revo and APR maps have actually had the test when getting there cars done out of interest, just for a example

Last edited:
I'd be getting my flame suit on right about now...

Reactions: GeorgieS3 and superkarl
Result really noticeable? And what price was yours, think you've already said but I'm too lazy too look again :tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

Yes really made a difference! I did post on here after I had it mapped but I can't find it...

Looking...